So much

As of lately I have had numerous things added to my plate that has caused me to step away from blogging for a bit. It's been so long I don't even remember the latest I've updated you on as far as Jordan goes. Things seem to be a little more of a struggle because I'm more involved with ministry. I have joined another ministry in the church and I have been appointed assistant director of the Special Needs Ministry in my church. Which means the devil is yet again working hard to keep me distracted with other things to waiver my faith. I fall short sometimes, but never do I allow it to blind me to all the wondrous things God has done in my life.

The other day I reflected on how God answered my prayers. The desires of my heart to have Jordan's Autism reversed. For that to take place, lead levels cannot be more than what the body can tolerate. For a while when I was praying for God to remove that toxic metal, I wasn't going through with chelation. But the fact that when I finally did do the urine collection his levels were at an astonishing 5.2 while being apart from the removal process, was nothing but the work of God. A lot of times God answers what we want that is according to His will. But because it is not in the form we would like, we disregard it and lose faith that He is not hearing us. But He does. I just went through a round of chelation 2 weekends ago with a smaller dosage and this weekend was supposed to be the second round. But I chose not to go through with it. I came up with that conclusion because for one, it didn't show the results I was expecting to see. I thought I was going to see a more behaved child since I found that children with high lead levels can exude ADHD symptoms. Since this treatment lowers his lead levels, his bad actions should subside, right? But his behavior pretty much remained the same. He has he good days and bad days. I also noticed that the spasms were retuning. Because the DMSA he takes removes other metals in addition to the lead, and also with his liver activity being elevated, I decided to not put his body through that right now. To help with the spasms I gave him organic milk. He ended up waking up with a nosebleed that same night. Turns out that all organic milk is higher in omega-3. So even though it helped with the spasms, if I want him to get calcium I have to have the doctor prescribe a separate supplement or give him regular milk.

Aside from his regular antics, Jordan has been showing a lot more of his personality. We had to go to his sisters school for an assembly and he did not want to speak to any of his former teachers. The next time I took him he didn't want to look and even turned his back to them. The last time I took him he decided he didn't want to get out of the car. He didn't even attempt to take off his seatbelt. So there I left him. He was waiting patiently for us to get back. That is so unlike Jordan because when out and about he doesn't like to be left alone. Seems like he would rather be alone that speak to old teachers. Seeing the child he had become is not what I thought he would be when he was first diagnosed and what I learned about the condition shortly afterward. I didn't believe that he would speak, call me mommy, say I love you too, ask for what he wants or anything. And even though he can't hold a conversation with me he can answer a lot of yes and no questions I pose him and he has a great sense of humor. I don't know if he even means to be funny when he does some of the silly things he does but it's still funny none the less. Most of all I can gladly say he is still my best friend. Right now he is sitting on my right leg, cutting off circulation, just because. We wrestle and play chase all the time. I love our relationship. Our bond is like no other. He is the reason my life is the way it is. The reason why my faith is so strong. The reason why I feel like I can handle anything thrown at me. In His word He told me "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10. Dealing with the health and behavior issues that I have had to deal with this past year, along with every other typical problem, has truly tested me. These past 12 months I believe were the hardest I've ever been through, But as my pastor says, I'm still heeerrrreee!

My next project will be one of the more challenging ones to date. My daycare. I have actually started preparations by organizing a fundraiser through Yankee Candle. I am so excited about what God has in store for me as far as this venture goes. If you would like to support my cause please click www.yankeecandlefundraising.com and enter my group number: 990094635 and my seller id Leticia22. Anything would truly be appreciated. I truly want to thank all of you that follow me and are on this journey with me. Whether you read for inspiration, or to know that you are not on this journey alone, or even just to find out more about Autism, the fact that you click the link and read what I have to say delights my heart. Thank you for your support, even though it is silent, it doesn't go unnoticed.



Popular Posts