Disaster avoided

Usually when I wake up in the morning I am in a rush because I have turned off my alarm and fallen back to sleep. Those days I don't hit my knees first thing. I might do it when I have settled in the living room after I have brushed my teeth and gotten baby girl's lunch started. Also I don't stick with my Bible plan daily because it is saved on my computer and by the time I have returned from taking Jordan to school and working out, it's the last thing on my mind. Being an ATF in DDS class I have to be the head of a table that stresses to the students that they need to put God first everyday, make sure they have their quiet time with Him daily and make sure He is the center of their life. Now how can I hold them accountable when I'm not even doing it myself? So last night I set my alarm to wake me at 6am every morning to pray. However long it may take me I have enough time to get what I need to done and not be late waking my daughter at 7am. This morning I followed through.

I said my morning prayers and after I was done I continued with getting my band student together for her performance today. After that was done I had about a half hour to spare. First thing I normally do when I grab my phone in the morning is read my daily scripture. I try to use that as my excuse to say I read the Bible daily, but deep down I'm not really getting fed the Word as I should. So when I opened the app to read the daily scripture, I noticed next to it a daily reading plan. I decided to read it and also to do that every morning from now on. If I can get to the reading plan in my computer as well, great. But relying solely on that would require me to go on with some part of my day first and I need to make sure I am giving Him everything first. Now I am not exaggerating when I tell you today was the best day to start this new routine. There were minor complications that started when I opened a text from my oldest in college as well as the issues of Jordan having his ups and downs at school. But where I really needed Him to step in, He did just that.

When I got Jordan off the bus, the aide said he was much better and well behaved on the bus this afternoon. Yesterday I made him sit with me for the majority of the night for the antics in school and on the bus. I also had numerous talks with him throughout the evening, night and morning that he has to behave in school or he won't get to come home and watch Alvin and the Chipmunks, which is what he asked me over and over again while in his time out. I also pray a calm spirit over him every morning, but I have to make sure he gets all of his supplements the day prior. I notice that when he misses something, the next day he is usually at odds with his superiors. Talk about prayer without works is dead. Now when we got in the house from having a good report from the bus aide, I went to check his communication notebook to see what his teacher had to say. She said he was called out about trying to touch a classmate early that morning but from there he was great the rest of the day. Good news. She also said there was a note from the nurse in his folder for me. I tell you when I opened it my heart dropped.

It was an immunization requirement alert letter. Now at first I'm upset to see it, but then I thought to myself he was caught up before he entered Kindergarten so they must be mistaken. So I went to his shot records to see if I have the proof they are looking for, but I don't. I look online to see what age these vaccines were supposed to have been given. Pertussis, Tetanus, Diphtheria and Meningococcal are due to be giving right about this time. Now I don't have a problem with getting Jordan vaccinated at all. I do have a problem with what may be in the shots. Because we have come so far with the lead and never having an issue with mercury that I know of, I don't want or need a setback. Then a voice said in my head, NIHA has a pediatrician. When I went to their website I saw that they have a customized vaccine schedule should you choose to go that route. Music to my ears. I gave a call to the office and since Jordan already sees a doctor in the practice, I pretty much just need to speak with her to go over a few things because they need to preorder the vaccines among other things. Being as though he has an appointment on April 6th, I believe that is a perfect time frame to have a discussion with her and have them there in time. The visit will cost a little, maybe a lot, more but I feel so more more at ease with this process then going to his primary care.

Now image dealing with all of that without having a calm mind. I'm not going to lie the first thing that came to mind was I need to take him out of that school. Too many incidents keep happening that are not positive. Then I remembered God doesn't say anything to you that's negative. That was the enemy trying to make me become upset with the school yet again for doing something they are supposed to be doing. I was almost frantic, but He didn't allow it because He looks out for me if I abide in Him and His Word. John 15:5, John 8:31-32, John 15:7 all rung true today. But I was led to Proverbs 3:6, "In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success." It never ceases to amaze me how awesome He is. Every time something happens I know is of Him I just become in awe of His greatness. There are only a few times I have been this calm about something I am so passionate about that doesn't go as planned. And those times I know it was because I denied myself, took up my cross and did what He told me. Luke 9:23. I pray I can keep up my new routine because I know there will be more hardships to come. But if we pay attention, He tells us exactly how to handle them and come out victorious. By the way, I'm still smiling!

Popular Posts