What's missing?

Happy New Year to all my readers all over the world!!! I hope 2016 will be the year you take what belongs to you.

Things with Jordan have been going so-so. One day he's okay, the next he is acting up again. I discontinued the limited diet because of the high sugar content and I just started giving him black bean chips or black beans with everything. But because his juice is so high in sugars, I decided to just give him juice with dinner or on the weekends when he doesn't have school. Even doing all this, I still felt like something was missing. A few nights ago I prayed to God to tell me what it was. When He told me I didn't expect it to be a person let alone my husband.


My husband is one of the best men in the world. He is very laid back, sometimes too laid back for my liking. But he is a great father. He has helped me out with Jordan when I fall asleep on Sundays after church by giving him his supplements. He is actually better at getting them in him in a timely manner than I am, but don't tell him I said that. He gives the kids baths on nights when I am at Communion or another function. Just overall a big help where I need it the most. I couldn't ask for better. So when God told me he was what I was missing, I knew it wasn't in that aspect, but in a spiritual way. My husband believes and has faith but we aren't on the same page when it comes to our religious practices. That doesn't bother me. But when God spoke it to me I had to say something. The outcome wasn't what I had hoped so right now I'm still missing that something. I began to believe that maybe that person I was missing wasn't my husband. Maybe it was someone who had been in my life prior who wanted me to be her mentor when it came to Autism. She has an autistic son as well. We grew close quick but the relationship faded after a while. I reached out to her and we have plans to get together soon and more often to come together in unison to do what we feel God wants us to do on behalf of our sons. But last night at our joint New Years Revival at church God told me exactly who He meant.

Our guest speaker, Sheryl Brady, was trying to give the message she wanted that kept getting interrupted by God. She eventually went on to tell the story of when her husband's kidneys were failing. She went home from the hospital to get a breather, but while showering the hospital called and told her to come back because he wasn't looking to good and he might not make it. What she did after that is what I want for my family. She gathered everyone in the home and got them in the living room and they collectively prayed. The reason why the devil is after families is because he knows the power they possess when they come together before God. Anyway she finished up with her shower and went back to the hospital. When she said in Jesus name, the dry bag connected to his kidneys became full. She has her husband with her to this day. He was healed. She went on to tell another story of a Christmas miracle at the river. You can actually look this video up on YouTube. I saw it a few years ago. There was a lady whose baby was shaken at 2 months old and had been in a coma for 6 months. Against doctors orders she unhooked her baby from feeding tubes and took her to the church and they prayed over the baby. The congregation collectively prayed for healing for the little girl, who you could tell was not sleep because she did not move at all. Minutes later, the baby was brought back to the alter, with her eyes opened. She had awakened from the coma. It was indeed a miracle.

I tell you this to say, it's not about my son being healed. I want that kind of faith and love for God in my home. I could care less about someone joining a church or tithing and offering, because once you have a true relationship and love for God, those things will come. But when you join together, all that faith and no unbelief, He can't help but do the unthinkable. Matthew 18:20 says "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." At times I feel like I can't share with my family the joy I feel when it comes to the Lord because we are not all at the same place in our walk. And it's disheartening when you are told not to. But I keep the faith knowing one day we will all be there, together. Praising His name and worshiping Him as He deserves to be worshipped.   

Lord, I humbly come before You knowing You are the only living God. I wait patiently for You to do what You said. Through trials and tribulations I will praise Your name. Praise is what I do. In Your matchless name I give You thanks, Amen.


Popular Posts