So, what's new you ask?

The book I received Monday, "Fight Autism and Win," is so eye-opening. Even though it gives insight into what parents who want to help their child overcome Autism should do, it lets you know that without certain things in place, what you do WILL NOT work. And that is to get rid of the mercury inside the brain.

I thought I did all the right testing for Jordan regarding heavy metals. Years ago, before I think I started the blog, Jordan went through chelation. The tests showed that he was high in lead but never mercury. This book tells us that mercury is mainly in our children's brains and that the provoking agent, DMSA, can not pull from the brain because it can not cross the blood-brain barrier. Only the ALA can. We used ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid), but it was only during the removal process. Therefore, whenever it was time to test to see where his levels were, the ALA was not used, and we did not see proper mercury levels.

That isn't the only problem with testing. Apparently, when testing for mercury, you also have to look at the essential elements to see if your child has mercury poisoning. This is only done through a hair elements test. When you receive the results, it will not show that mercury is elevated, but how you compare the results with the essential elements will tell you. Doing this is called "counting rules," also created by Dr. Cutler. This is also a suitable method for finding out if there are any adrenal, thyroid, and malabsorption issues. All of which I now believe Jordan has a problem with.

Adrenal glands help the body's immune system and thyroid. The symptoms of adrenal fatigue that Jordan has are being wide awake with not a lot of sleep, he can have anxiety and get irritable occasionally, he is a night owl some nights, and he acts like he is sensitive to sound at times. Plus, he overacts to situations. I question whether he is hypersensitive to pain because when someone touches him, he says it hurts, but when he falls or hurts himself, it's like nothing to him. So that one is questionable. 

Thyroid issues show up much differently in children. The book tells us that a child will be thin and not focus well at school if they have low thyroid function. Jordan has other symptoms that show he may have a low function, like his hands being cold. Also, he has a short attention span (even when playing his video games, he pauses quite often), his body temperature stays low, and his handwriting is poor.

We already know the problems I face with him absorbing nutrients properly.

So his doctor has agreed to test his thyroid and the hair elements test so I can review them the way Dr. Cutler says to determine the mercury and adrenal issues. We will also test for other deficiencies like vitamin k, b12, d, zinc, and copper. The order also includes a CBC with Differential/Platelet and a Comp. Metabolic Panel.

Once I get back the results, I will plan my next course of action. Because if there is an adrenal issue, it should be addressed before chelation. There are also some other supplements he needs to take a couple of weeks before chelation as well to prepare his body. I will return in the next couple of days to explain my plans as I am still researching to find the best supplements and, overall, just making sure everything is in order. And I need to hear from God that this is right. Psalm 32:8, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye."


Comments

Popular Posts