Say what!


Sunday was my trial day for Jordan, and getting an idea of what this detox will entail. And boy, do I have my work cut out for me.

Saturday night, I had the eye reading with the iridologist and host of the detox. There are a lot of issues with Jordan. Most of them I knew about, like him being dehydrated and having gut issues. But the number of calories he needs to intake and realizing how much fruit he needs to reach it threw me off.

The detox guru said that he needs to get about 6,000 calories a day. It is ideal, but it doesn't necessarily have to be all fruit. Thank goodness because my calculations show he would need an insane amount to get to that. To consume 1,000 calories from oranges, he needs to have about 22. TWENTY-TWO!

Yesterday I was able to get him to eat 1,943 calories worth of fruit and celery. That was almost 2 bunches of celery, 1 banana, 4 cups of watermelon, 2 apples, 2 oranges, 2 cups of blueberries, and 1 ½ cups of quinoa. Even if I double that today it would not be enough, and I don't even want to think about getting through the week. 

I don't think getting him to eat all of that will be too much of a problem. I can just give him something every hour. My concern is finding a place I can find fruit wholesale because buying typical bunches of fruit from a grocery store would cost way too much. But,

Philippians 4:19
"And my God shall supply all your need 
according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Today I spent my morning looking at a commercial wholesale store who had what I needed, but did not have the bulk sizes I would like. Plus there were no mangoes. So I went to the smaller chain to check them out. I was surprized at how small they were, but they were able to accommodate me with what I needed and I can pick up the fruit tomorrow. I put down a deposit so I am not sure of the whole price of everything I asked for, so fingers crossed it won't be out of budget.

Aside from this being something to overcome, I also see the stimming increasing in him. It is not intolerable, but I do have to try to calm him down sometimes because he sounds like he is going to come through the floor in his room.

Even though Jordan is not getting any of the foods he likes, I believe he loves fruit more. He has not asked for oatmeal, chicken or pancakes and eggs. He is very pleased to be able to eat fruit and also at any time he wants.

Soon I will have to order the tinctures and other supplements he has to take. Hopefully in the next couple of days. Then I will get back to you about the outcome of ordering the wholesale fruit.

 

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing and Blessings on this journey!! You are Awesome!!!❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. More to come, it is A LOT I have to do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts