A few more days to go

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things 
and be in health, just as your soul prospers.



The big day is coming up.

The three-month detox that he will be doing is starting on August 31. Truth be told, I am 50% excited and 50% nervous.

One reason why I am excited is that I am confident this will help with his tics. I remember giving him juices before, and they subsided a lot. I am not sure of the diet he was on, but I don't believe he was fasting at that time because he was still in school. I had never put Jordan on a fast when he was in school.

Another reason why I am excited is that this cleanse will help him remove anything keeping him from absorbing the nutrients he should from the foods he gets. Once he starts holding on to his nutrients and distributing them properly throughout his body, he will start to gain weight. 

However, even though all of this sounds good, it does not stop me from being a little concerned. The main cause for me being nervous is that there are still other foods in the house that he may get a hold of. I am still not sure that Jordan does not get into things he shouldn't. Some days he is very calm. Other days he does a lot of stimming. I do not know what differs from day-to-day.

Another reason I am nervous has nothing to do with the detox but the time of the detox and how it overlaps school. While I wish I could send him to school and know he would only take what I send him, I can't be sure he won't get something he shouldn't there. I can't even be sure he won't get it at home. I feel I would need to keep him home during the duration, but I am not sure if his teacher will be able to do a virtual class with just him. Because of my concerns, I have a couple of options.

The first option, keep him home. I had already talked to her about him being out for a few weeks for a vacation that we were planning that we can not go on now because of the detox. The second one I thought of was sending him but picking him up around lunchtime to allow him to take what he has to take while at home and take him back when it is over. I still have concerns when it is snack time. Another option I have is to take him what he needs when the time comes. So breakfast, snack, lunch, I would just take whatever he needs up to the school to have it at that time.

These are just some things I have in mind right now, but I do not know if there is a schedule that he will need to be on, so  I won't know what I need to do until we actually get started. I will know once we get started and have a better idea of how to handle things.

This Saturday, we have his eye read. There I will learn the herbs he will need during the detox. 

I can't wait to get this journey started. 

Comments

Popular Posts