Turn of events

I can guess it is safe to say that everyone knows what is going on in the WORLD as far as COVID-19. It has pretty much shut us down. No large gatherings, exessive washing of hands (or starting to wash if you weren't already), stocking up on supplies and food to get us through the next few weeks of trying to stay home. I believe my family is ready. Is yours?

One of the other things that happened in the state of Maryland, where I am from, is the children being out for at least two weeks. That started this past Monday. While I have work to do with my youngest to keep her learning, we have to understand that they may not return to school this fiscal year. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I love having my children home. The teaching part I could do away with. But not having to wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning to get Jordan ready by making his mock egg omelet and warming up food for lunch is quite freeing. But this moment also places me in a small predicament. Starting the fast.

I planned on doing an extended fast for Jordan, my youngest, and myself at the beginning of the summer break. At some point, I felt like I did not want to wait that long to start it. It looks like God had the same idea in mind and allowed the break to come sooner. Matthew 21:22, Psalm 66:19, 1 Samuel 1:27, Psalm 102:17. I could go on, but you get it. I knew that I was going to have to face this at some point, but I also thought I had a little more time. The fact that I may be starting my son and daughter on a fast with no food, only consuming water, is giving me some anxiety. While I know the health benefits they will gain from this, it is still a scary process to go through. This is not going to be easy by a long shot. I feel a little at ease with my son because he is very easy going at this point in his life.

The fact that he has been out of school for some time has not affected him in any way. He stays in his room like he does most weekends and plays on his tablet or on the Wii. He may ask for food for a few days, but when he realizes the routine we are on, it will subside. Doing this with my youngest will be a little harder. Having her verbalize to me her desires while having to keep everything she wants away from her will be hard, which is one of the reasons why I want to go through this with them. So she will understand it is not a punishment, but something that could truly help us physically and mentally. I have explained what we are going to do to her, and she knows the importance of it, but that does not make it any easier for us.

Since this has come upon me so abruptly, I had to come up with a new plan. Jordan is still taking Dr. Sebi's bromide plus pills. I have also stocked up on food to last him for some time because I was under the impression that they were only going to be out for a couple of weeks. When food and pills are exhausted, we will start. I think I have about two weeks' worth of meals, depending on how I cook his food. I could make it last longer if I wanted, but I think he only has pills that will last him a couple of more days. Is this really about to happen? Honestly, I am incredibly nervous, but at the same time, I am glad we may start sooner than later. Mainly because of his tics and stimming.

Jordan is doing a lot of stomping and jerking, it almost seems like it is slowly increasing as days go on. When I see him going through it, it looks so uncomfortable for him. And he can not control it. I am ready to see that go away like it did when I fasted him last summer. I am also happy we may start sooner because if the first extended fast does not resolve the issues before his reserves run out and hunger kicks in, I have time to break the fast for some time and start again. So, I am confident I am prepared for this. He did not set this before me with me not being ready for it. He sets things in motion so His will can be done when He wants it to be, not when we do. I know COVID-19 was not placed upon us, so I would fast with my children and myself sooner than I wanted, but He does have a plan for everyone during this time. I will take advantage of the opportunity so He will be done, and He gets the glory.

Comments

Popular Posts