No cure

As of lately, I have realized there is no cure for Autism. I like the term healing for many reasons. It is referenced many times in the Bible. While the word cure is used, I believe in curing, you find a way to fix an ailment. To me, healing means that nothing has been given to make you better. A wound will heal whether you treat it or not. But you can't cure it, it just gets better, goes away with time and care.

I am still in the process of reading "Fast & Grow Young." I am a little more than halfway through. It is very redundant, but every so often, it gives a different take on an already proven point. I wish I took more time to indulge in it than I do, but as long as I have it done by the end of the school year, I am okay with my pace.

Some points that I have gotten another take on were fasting, and the rest the body receives from taking a break from digesting food. "By saving the force required for the process of digestion, the body saves strength and mobilized forces for other purposes," and "it gives the organs of elimination an opportunity to catch up with their work and promotes elimination." I have learned that the process of fasting does not remove toxins, but gives the body the ability to perfect their work.

On another note, I have learned what disease is. It is the body spending more energy than the activity of health requirements. Disease is a struggle of the body to do what it can to keep the body in proper working order because it uses so much energy to fight the inflammation issue wherever it is located in the body. So when fasting, it is not done to "cure" a disease, but to remove the causes of impairment so every organ in the body that is sick can facilitate its own return to its biological or physiological state.

While I can't find where in the book because I did not mark it, rejuvenation is the word I found best that describes what happens to our bodies when we fast. To rejuvenate means to restore to an original or new state. I think many will agree that in Autism and any other disease known to man, the body is not in the state it was created for it to be in. There can be a build-up of mucus, metals, etc., that keeps organs from doing what they are supposed to. This can happen for many reasons like unhealthy eating habits, vaccine injury, weak immune systems, and others. But when fasting occurs and gives the organs a rest from using the energy to digest, they can catch up to do the job they were designed. Like removing unuseful substances while using what is essential in the reserves to keep it functioning correctly.

Since there is so much controversy about saying whether or not there is a cure for Autism due to many people feeling there is nothing wrong with them or their child, I had a hard time saying that is the journey I am on. I want to cure/heal him. But after reading, there is no cure. His organs can be rejuvenated by allowing them to do what they need by giving them rest during the time of fast. No more will you hear me say cure. But I will continue to refer to it as a healing process.

That is because of my belief that God is a healer. I know that He has placed me in the posture to find what I needed to learn and fully understand what needs to happen for healing to take place. I could not just pray for Him to work a miracle in Jordan and continue to live the same lifestyle that puts many people in the predicament of having the ailments they have today. There has to be a change for true healing to take place. Physical as well as mental.

I hope this has shed much light on fasting and disease. It has for me. I am patiently waiting for June to begin the last part of our journey. In the meantime, I will leave you with this: "So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you." Exodus 23:25

Comments

Popular Posts