Surprise, surprise

Mid April I had been growing tired of the never ending cycle of supplements, diets and doctor's appointments. After ten years things were not working, and now I see rightfully so. Every time I went in for a follow up and explained what did (or did not) work, we would either stick with that program, try something else or remove it altogether. The issue with sticking with the program that worked was after time when I stopped, he still regressed. I realized that what I was giving him was not a resolution, but just a cover. Something I never wanted to do. My plan was always to get to the root of it all.

Finally understanding that I did not allow God to have full control, I gave the battle to Him. "For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding," Proverbs 2:6. When I did, I found Dr. Sebi and his herbs, again. I did not look into it seriously before, but seeing it this time felt different. I researched for weeks to understand the inner workings and how it could help Jordan. One thing that concerned me about going this route was the diet change. Partially because it would require cutting out meat and him becoming a vegan and bypassing vegetarianism, but mainly because I was concerned about the foods he would need to consume that he was or could be sensitive to.

Since he is still in school I opted to buy some of the products and start the diet after school ended for the year. However, God had another plan because this past weekend despite what I decided to do. I bought him many items from the nutritional guide and started him on the alkaline diet Saturday afternoon, not realizing that I chose to wait until the summer. I wanted to make him breakfast but spent way to much to time trying to find everything I needed to make the recipes I found online. When purchasing the items, I also did not think twice about how he may react to what he was tested to be allergic to, I was just ready to get started.

For lunch I made him pasta made from kamut with a homemade tomato sauce and for dinner he had vegetable soup which turned out to be more like pasta with vegetables because I did not make enough broth for it to remain a soup once refrigerated. For breakfast Sunday morning I made him blueberry pancakes with "eggs". Per my husband he seemed to enjoy it. I believe he even asked me Sunday night for pancakes Monday morning.

After watching him for 4 days, I can say that none of the foods are giving him a reaction. In fact, he has less vocal stimming. He also is not asking for food like he used to. Not for chicken soup or chicken in the oven. Not for pizza or eggs. He seems to be satisfied by the foods he is getting. Because our bodies are alkaline based and he is getting alkaline foods, it isn't calling for the nutrients it was lacking from the other foods he was eating. Him not asking for food, even the new food I have made for him, is shocking. I pretty much just make him the food when it is time for dinner and he eats. I thought the walnuts for the milk I needed to make him might be a problem, but I gave him one before I made the milk and he has not shown one issue with it or the milk.

A few days after starting him on the diet I read where Dr. Sebi says that you can not have an allergic reaction to natural foods. Many of the foods we are eating are hybrid foods. I learned that broccoli was bred out of the wild cabbage. Carrots were originally purple and white but after chemists were paid to develop a species of carrots, it now has it's orange color because it was split with the yam. I do not want to go into much detail about this because it may not be received well by others. But I give you the information to go and do research for yourselves. What you choose to believe is up to you. 1 Peter 4:10, "As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." I will say that Jordan has been consuming tomato and nuts which would usually give him problems, but he is not reacting. You do the math.

This is the easiest diet I have put him on and the happiest I have felt about cooking for him. It just feels right. And the thing about it is you can make anything. You are not limited to just soups or baked chicken or slow cooked beef. You can make hot dogs, lasagna, pancakes, sausage links, omelets, and a host of other foods. And knowing I am going to change my lifestyle to follow makes me all the more excited about it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts