Would you just wait!

April 4th Jordan had an appointment with his DAN to discuss what we were seeing since the last visit and come to a conclusion about what to do next. After my last post praising how Jordan was doing so well, I received a text from his teacher about something he did. After only taking the magnesium, vitamin d, and olive oil he should be good. Why are we still having this problem? I do not recall what issue was, I just remember the good feeling I had to share a post about how well he had been doing, to having one of disappointment because he was not doing so great after all, and still confused about the next steps.

I shared with the doctor all of my concerns and she was just as confused as I was about what was going on and did not truly know the reasons for why we were faced with what we were seeing. She felt like it was a problem with his immune system explaining it would be why we see improvements and triggers after LDA. To be honest, I walked out the same way I walked in, unsure of what to do next.

Two supplements were suggested to me to try and help build his immune system. I was not so sure we needed to. While I did not totally disagree with what she felt may be the problem, I was not convinced it was. He has not had an allergic reaction to any environmental things that used to give him problems in the past and he has not had a cold in a very long time. He does not even sneeze as much as he used to when he wakes up in the morning. Before he would have about 3 or 4 good ones, every morning. I only notice he does it now after LDA or maybe getting food he should not have. So the immune system not being strong enough was not my thought. However, to handle the LDA, it is always a possibility.

Not totally happy with the visit, I still had to make a decision about the supplements. Before, I always planned on giving Jordan the recommended supplements no matter what because I felt the doctor knew and had all the information. But after asking certain questions in the past that I did not get the correct answers from her about, I understand that she does not know it all. I think God wanted me to see that and put my trust in Him. Now that it is time to address what she wants me to give him, I have to wait. This time I prayed over them. I asked God to show me what I needed to see when it came to what the ingredients were and what they were to help with. I saw something that would help the T cells, which is what the LDA helps to fix so the body is not allergic or sensitive to things it should not be. However, nothing jumped out to me saying, "Yes! This is it!"

I told God I would wait on His answer this time and I meant it. So if these are supplements He knows will help Jordan, He is waiting to make sure I am being true to what I said before He lets me know it is okay to move forward. Jordan is now off everything, magnesium and vitamin d included and things are slightly different. I sent him to school Friday with the intention of allowing him to partake in popcorn and a movie day. His teacher sent me a text that no one got popcorn because they were full from the lunch they made. But Jordan spilled his water. Not the worse thing that could happen. He also told me he did when he came home as well. But over the next few days, he has changed. I noticed the tics that made him stomp when using the bathroom, taking a shower or changing his clothes have subsided. And when I asked him what did he do at school today, he does not have anything bad to say like spilling water.

I have a problem waiting. I never consider something that is in his system will need time to wear off. Waiting for God's answer to the supplements has given me time to see that since he has stopped taking the other two supplements he was taking, he has improved. I have even started giving him eggs and onions again for breakfast because since he was still acting out, it apparently was not from the unmasking of allergens from other foods. I started it back on Saturday and he is doing good. Psalm 62:5 says, "My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him."

I know God is yelling at me, "I told you to just wait on Me!' I got it now Lord, I got it now.

Comments

Popular Posts