I need a moment


Things finally seem to be calming down a bit. This past week was a little crazy for me. I feel today is the start of better times ahead.

Last week Jordan was off. I know for sure one of the reasons was because he got into my chocolate cake. Ever since he has had more tics and of course the behavior problem. It didn't really come to a head until Monday. I'm not sure what got into him, but I was called to the school to pick him up. Now when I got there, the process of getting him out of the school was something I had never experienced before. First, he was yelling through the hallways because he knew I was there to pick him up. Then, I struggled to get him down the hall to the front door. I actually had to pick him up to get him there. But when we got to the door, things reached a whole other level. He kept getting down on the ground every time we almost made it out. The very last time I had to take him by his feet and drag him out. Once we were out he could not get back in because the doors lock. But it still was a fight to get him in the car and seat belt on. All in all it took 20-25 minutes to get in the car. And that wasn't the end.

In the car he cried and screamed, unbuckled his belt and tried to open the door. I was so afraid he was going to bolt once we got home. But luckily because of child locks, I had to let him out. He didn't run though. He still cried and said stay at school, but he calmed down quite a bit. Eventually he changed and just continued to ask to go to school tomorrow.

Things haven't ever gotten that bad before nor has it since Monday. He is still triggered by foods and acts out by knocking over a chair or something, but I believe it's getting better day by day.

After experiencing what I did on Monday, I thought about abandoning this Nemecheck protocol. At that time I just felt like things were getting worse and it wasn't helping him. Even though he has become more vocal, answering my when questions and being more responsive, I just felt this wasn't for him. All the cheating on his diet in the world couldn't account for these behaviors. However, I did need to take that into consideration. Maybe I shouldn't give up just yet. Especially since he just went to the bathroom at the dealership and he was in and out, not taking 10 minutes like he usually does. Last night I was in tears, but today I felt much more optimistic.

Today I was taken to 2 Chronicles 15:7, "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded" (NIV). I can't just give up because of a bump in the road or I'll never get there. I just have to keep my tank filled with the Word of God so no matter how long the drive, I will make it.


Comments

Popular Posts