Prayer answered

So remember just two days ago I was contemplating another diet to put Jordan on but needed the guidance of my Father to make the decision? Well He spoke. It's funny how when we come across numerous things we tend to think it is from God and it's what he wants us to do. We have to be mindful that it's not us interpreting it the way we want, but really have to take the time to pray on it and wait for the answer. I was all set to start the GAPS diet for Jordan. I was ready to print out the list of foods that were and were not okay so I could remember as much as I could so when shopping I could know what and what not to buy. I figured when God gave me the answer might as well be prepared. That is when He gave me the answer.

We just had to replace some cast iron pipes in the ceiling in our den. Yes me and hubby did that and saved a ton of mula. Anyway, needless to say our office is scattered throughout the house. We have two printers because one is just a color printer and the other is a scanner, copier and printer, but no color. I used up all the black toner in my color printer making handwriting worksheets for my granddaughters when they came over last weekend so I needed to use the other one. Trying to print the lists of foods I noticed nothing was coming out of the printer. The icon for the printer is there, but no paper was coming out. So I looked in the list of devices and this printer wasn't there. Now I'm wondering why isn't this printer still connected to my laptop? Maybe it was because of moving things around, but the other one didn't disconnect. No problem, I'll just add it again. But it was a problem because almost an hour and a half I was at this. WPS buttons, pins and having my laptop search for the device and nothing. I printed out the configuration which showed it still was using the WEP key instead of the WPA key we now have. I changed it, but still nothing. So I reset the settings and connected it to the router yet again. Finally got it installed on my computer, but it kept saying the driver wasn't available. When I went to Dell's website to get the driver, my internet crashed. When everything was back up and running, I said okay Lord, I won't focus on this diet, but I still need to print his daily schedule of supplements to hang on the refrigerator. Do you know after that the device connected to the printer and I was able to print? Only God.

So after realizing okay the GAPS diet isn't for Jordan, I had to ask God the next course of action. I had already decided to start making my own bone broth for him. The bone broth I buy from the store isn't sufficient enough to do for Jordan what I think it should because too many websites and videos claim that the broth should be gelatinous, but this brand isn't. It's more like chicken stock if you ask me. So because there is no need for another diet, I turned my research to focus on what other kinds of food can heal the gut. Many times I have come across fermented foods, but never looked into what they were because to be honest, it sounds like something he can't have. But after reading up on what they were, I see they are just foods full of probiotics. Foods like yogurt, sauerkraut, pickles and miso. Things that I know Jordan already eats. Well not miso because that is soy, I concluded that adding in fermented foods that are approved on the Feingold diet is the way I am to go. The GAPS diet requires to add foods that Jordan is sensitive to like eggs and nuts and for that reason I had a reservation to begin with. Looks like God felt the same way.

Late yesterday I noticed how Jordan's tics, what I now say instead of spasms, have become more noticeable again. I had to remove the spinach that I was giving him practically everyday because even though they kept them at bay, I found it is a stage two Feingold food and needs to be eaten sparingly. I figured I'll just stick with the cabbage. He can't get enough spinach to help the tics go away completely eating it two times everyday. But seeing that they were returning, I researched what foods can cause tics. Corn. His snacks are all corn based. Tortilla chips and popcorn are all he's had since I've removed potato chips from his snack list. Last night I found that Lay's has been taken of the approved Feingold list, but UTZ and Kettle chips are okay. So cool, I'll buy him those from now on. I know the cereal he has been eating for the last 5 days has corn in it because they are organic, gluten free corn puffs. But this morning while he was eating I snuck in the living room and got on the computer and found the other cereal, the one he prefers, also has corn in it as well. So I went on to search for other options and found the same brand that makes the cereal he likes, also make gluten free oatmeal. Since he would rather his food be hot, I think this would be a great alternative. Here is another bit of information I found out by accident. Jordan ran out of coconut milk yesterday and it totally slipped my mind. So this morning going to get his cereal ready, I see all we have was 2% milk. I read the ingredients and one of the ones listed is vitamin a palmitate. I had saw that somewhere before when reading into the Feingold diet so I thought I'd better check to make sure it was okay. Come to find out vitamin a palmitate is a synthetic version made to replace vitamin a when it is removed from a product during processing. Therefore, I can't put this on his cereal because it has an artificial ingredient. I tried to get him to go without, but just ended up pouring a small bit of half and half on it, He doesn't drink it after he's done anyway.

I tell you God is opening my eyes to so many things as far as food and diet are concerned. Because of my family's health issues, my two oldest having asthma, Jordan and Autism, and Kai was just diagnosed with allergies, it's time to eat right. We are no longer in a home that poses a threat to our health, but what remains in us from the other home hasn't been resolved and eating processed and engineered foods only worsen our symptoms. 1 Corinthians 6:12 (AMP) says "Everything is permissible for me, but not all things are beneficial. Everything is permissible for me, but I will not be enslaved my anything." When we eat the things we shouldn't, especially in Jordan's case, our bodies can recognize that it isn't good for us, but it stimulates it in a way that makes us crave it. But knowing what I know now, I am not going to allow for my family to be enslaved by certain foods. We are going to start eating right so we can be in control of what we want and ward off some of the physical issues we have. I can't wait to get started.

Popular Posts