My new "other" side

If anyone knows my "other" side well, it is my hubby. The first time we actually got to know one another was on a group vacation we took together with mutual friends. He saw then, how once I went into thought mode, I shut down. Didn't have much to say, seemed depressed. Yet he still married me. Gotta love him. Anyway that was the person I had grown accustomed to being. Those moments when life was just too much for me, I withdrew. Didn't want to be bothered by anyone, him included. I was very snappy and down right rude at times. All because I was trying to figure out what I could do to fix the situation at hand. And most of the time the situations just kinda handled themselves. Nothing could have been done either way but I still tried to figure out if I could somewhat make it better. I just heard something recently in service that went, if you choose to fight the battle, God will let you. But if you give it to Him, He will fight it for you. Great words to live by.

Tuesday Jordan's communication notebook had a note from his teacher that he was not listening in class. The first time in a week that something negative came home regarding his behaviors. The old me would have been in a frenzy trying to understand what I did wrong, why the new medicines don't work anymore, back to the drawing board, etc. But this time I stayed level-headed. I knew there could be a couple of reasons why Jordan was the way he was that day. One, there are some supplements that he ran out of that I didn't plan on giving him again because most of them were added to try and help his behaviors. Now that they had calmed down a lot, I thought giving him all of it was overdoing it. Also Jordan spiked a fever of 103.3 Sunday. (I didn't panic then either.) He came in the living room with chills and I allowed him to lay with me under the blanket to warm up, but his temperature shot up. I let it run it's course. Fevers are the body's way of fighting off something foreign inside. I kind of thought the behaviors were due to the illness that was lingering after the fever. He also hadn't had his bone broth for a few days. I gave it to him that night and the next morning he was calm again, not like he was Tuesday morning. So my thoughts, the infection or whatever caused the fever and not having the bone broth protect his gut were the problems. Today, after 2 days being back on the broth and the illness that should be gone, another note that yesterday was a better day, today he didn't want to listen either. Is it time to panic yet?

Even though normally this is the time I would definitely start to overthink it, I still remained calm. Reason number one: the fast has given me peace. Recently when I hit a rut and was down for no reason and didn't want to be bothered, it only lasted for a couple of days instead of months. Reason number two: I have no doubt the supplements are working and are going to continue to work. This isn't something I decided to give him on my own, this is what the Lord said he needed. Don't let this small setback make you frantic is what He told me. Then He showed me right to my face, the tinea versicolor that is on Jordan's chest that is slowly getting better. Tinea versicolor is a type of yeast that grows on the skin and when it gets out of control, what you get is a rash. It is caused by sweating a lot, oily skin or having a weak immune system. Seeing Jordan's regress reminded me that the yeast is dying off. Bingo, the die off effect. When candida, or yeast, dies off you can have symptoms. The cells release over 80 different toxins when they die. One of those toxins is acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde has harmful effects on your health. It can kill brain cells and affect your endocrine, immune and respiratory systems. Symptoms of die off are nausea, headaches and fatigue, gas, constipation and diarrhea, chills, sweating and fever. So it's just a symptom of the die off that he's going through. Should be gone in a week or so, hopefully less.

However, continuing on with my research I found that having die off symptoms aren't good. It means too many toxins are being released at once. Even though Jordan hasn't had a fever or chills for about a week, it still is a concern because too much could be happening all at once. As I was trying to find more, I came across a forum from 2007 that talked about the yeast aid I am giving Jordan, but one person randomly asked if anyone was using garlic extract for yeast. Jordan takes that as well. So I feel I'm being told this is something that I should check on to make sure that his organs don't get damaged due to what his body is going through. So I'll call his DAN! doctor in the a.m. to make sure everything is okay and see if there is anything I need to discontinue or reduce so we don't harm his system. All in all I'm so glad that my mindset has changed. It's so much easier to deal with things in a manner that contains no frustration. I recognized the problem, I took it to God and He told me what I should do about it. Therefore, problem solved. James 1:5 (NIV) "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." I will give an update once I hear back from his doctor today. Until then, be blessed



.

Popular Posts