Diets heal

Here is the update on Jordan's condition I was supposed to share with you on Friday.

After sending a detailed email to his doctors coordinator, she couldn't tell if from the symptoms I listed were if he was actually having die off symptoms or something called a viral piece. She advised me to discontinue the yeast aid until the behaviors improved and then start it back up. I then realized that not only was Jordan on 1 antifungal, but he was on 3. I forgot to mention to her the candida plus he was taking and after another email she advised to discontinue that as well. The 3rd was the coconut oil. I started giving the coconut oil to him as a introduction to the ketogenic diet I wanted to put him on. This diet helps the body produce more ketones which helps the body burn fat for energy instead of glucose. It would help Jordan because it would extremely limit the amount of sugar he takes in, depriving the gut bacteria of the food they need and possibly restoring balance in the microbiome, and still give him the energy he needs to make it throughout the day. Upon further review, I found coconut oil boosts the immune system by fighting bacteria, creating a hostile environment for virus' and reducing candida. No wonder he was showing symptoms of die off.

Since stopping the yeast aid and candida plus on Friday and the coconut oil on Saturday Jordan's behaviors seem to be calming. He also appears to be more focused. Mornings usually consist of me coercing him to eat his cereal in a timely manner so he won't miss his bus. He's always taking one morsel of cereal at a time instead of a spoonful. However on Monday before I even had a chance to sit down to go through the motions, he was done. I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't able to find out if it was going to be a pattern because while in the store I found something called quinoa toastables which are kind of like french toast sticks. He made sure I knew he wanted them that next morning. Tomorrow he will be eating cereal again and I will see what he does then. I am hoping to find new foods to introduce him to soon. It's depressing to me to give him the same couple of things day in and day out. I'm sure he's feeling the same way. I'd like to he able to make him hamburgers again. The problem is the ingredients listed in hamburger buns and I'm just not sure if he is able to have them due to the Feingold diet. I will say, I don't want to stray because I have seen such improvements.

A handwriting sample
For example his handwriting. His writing used to take up the entire line, no spaces between words and not staying in the lines. But on Monday there was no bad note home and the school sent home all work done from September until the end of October. The difference was astonishing. I mean there is still room to improve, but I was so happy with what I saw. As I have said numerous times, I always thought that his diet was a part of why he reacted the way he did, I just didn't understand until I came across the Feingold diet. I am reading a book now that explains why this mom put her son on that diet and how she saw improvements after a few days. Jordan has been eating the foods far longer than her son, but to see him become more calm around the home and most days at school. I think this is a diet all people should consider due to what it eliminates. I'm am at least considering it for my youngest. I just wish I could find out exactly what can and can not be eaten without purchasing a membership. However, if this is a diet that the entire family can take part in and all of us can improve in some way, I don't mind paying for the membership at all. Hopefully I can get hubby on board and we can all get on the path to clearer minds and healthier bodies.

During my time of abstaining from TV I listened to the many bible studies I have compiled over the last year and a half. One from March 2015 presented by the author of the 40 Day Surrender Fast, Celeste Owens, talked about restoration of health through surrender and explained in detail how your mind can make your body sick. Because we eat all the things we want that aren't good for us, it is harmful to our health. She goes on to say that 80% of diseases have a spiritual root and 75%-90% of diseases are due to our thought life because what we eat is important to God, and most aren't eating healthy. Food is a test from God. Have you ever considered how in Genesis Adam and Eve got in trouble from eating the forbidden fruit and how in the book of Daniel, he was blessed because he ate a certain way and refused to eat the king's food? God has tailor made a diet for each person. We should ask Him what we are supposed to eat. I urge you to surrender your diet to God and watch what happens. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, 6 in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV). Healing starts with food, which is why when Jordan needed to be put on the gluten free diet, I took heed. The benefit, he started sleeping through the night. Now I that see problems in his behavior, because of how much his foods had increased, I put him on this Feingold diet, that has shown improvements in calmness and focusing. You can't tell me God doesn't have His hand in this. I'm so grateful for all He's done and will continue to surrender for the healing of my son.

Here is another sample. He doesn't even need to trace in the second.



Popular Posts