God's plan

As of this date nothing much new has been going on with my family and Jordan. I have been preoccupied with a lot of things of the home with children graduating and taking a class as church. But things with Jordan I won't know any new details until his doctors visit over a month away. We have one more round of chelation this weekend and two weekends after that the urine collection. I am going to get his blood work done some time this week.

I did want to touch on a well known singers statements about what she felt about her son and God when she first found out that he had autism. This person felt that God punished her because of an immoral thing that she did when she was younger. Since then she doesn't feel that way. However, I don't know if she has fully understood the reason why she was given a rare, or now in this case not so rare child being as though the number of cases of children being diagnosed is now 1:68.

I understand that around the time Jordan was born, I don't think I had attended church since I was in high school. I believed, but didn't have a relationship or a strong connection with God. I was just going about my day to day having free will, living in the flesh. Jordan was my first boy. The first child that I had that I was serious about him having his vaccinations done on time, my first two kids I was young and knew they were important, but I just got around to getting them done when I could. With the way everything panned out with Jordan, being in a basement with a mold problem, therefore having a weakened immune system, the vaccinations wasn't typically what I should have done. But because of my lack of knowledge, or better yet, because of God's plan for my life, it is what came about from that. Proverbs 19:21 says "There are many plans in a man's heart, Nevertheless the Lord's counsel - that will stand."

Because I wanted to have my son "cured", I knew that only God has the ability to do that. John 15:5 says " I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit, for without me you can do nothing." Because as much as I had put into trying to heal him with the DAN! doctors instructions, he wasn't doing too much better. I mean he was progressing in areas such as learning to talk, writing his name, behavior, etc. But I wanted a typical little boy who could play sports, go outside and play with friends he had made in school, be in the school within our boundaries instead of one with an autism program. But none of that was happening. Because of that I turned to God. He was the only person I knew who could make this all go away. Ephesians 3:20 says "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us," I thought about the family attending and how it would be hard for us all to go because of the "ability" that Jordan had. It would be hard to sit in the sanctuary with him because of him not being able to sit still and all the noise he would make. We could always go into the overflow room with him but still there are people in there trying to get the word and I have to take into consideration him being a distraction to me also while trying to get fed the word.

From there I thought that I should start a ministry that geared to special needs children in the church so that families could feel comfortable leaving their children with people who understood the needs of the kids and could better handle them. But there was already a ministry in place that I quickly became a part of. I was so pleased with it that it no longer was a place where I wanted my son to go to while we all attended church. I wanted to be one of the people who took care of the children for the parents because of my experience with my son. I became an assistant teacher and well my family has made it to church all of two times with Jordan attending the class. But being a main part of the ministry has helped me grow closer to God more than being a person who attends a regular service and have my son in the special needs Sunday school class.

With that being said I know why God gave me a son with autism. It wasn't to punish me because of something I did when I was younger. If He punished us for things we did before we truly knew what an awesome God He was, we would probably all be dead now. God uses different things He knows will get your attention. Most people He uses their finances to get their attention. But I was passionate about children at a young age. So He used my child. You have to look beyond what is to see what is meant. I had to see it wasn't about Jordan having autism. It was about God using that autism to get me closer to Him and all the things in between. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." The lessons that I've learned with treating my son, a lot are life lessons that I can apply to everyday life. That was His plan. And I'm a better person because of it. So although autism isn't an easy thing to cope with, I wouldn't have it any other way because of where it has me now. I just wish other people knew and understood the same thing.

Popular Posts