So excited about what's to come

Today I am sending off Jordan's sample for analysis. I am waiting for FedEx as I type. Since his last chelation treatment I am seeing so many changes in him. And on the night of the day that I took the collection it seemed to be an instant change.

First after the weekend of April 22-24 I noticed more speaking. I mean he is using a lot of one to two word phrases but it's huge. He is saying just about everything he is doing. If he's picking up something he says pick up. If he wants to open a door he says open door. He is interacting with his sisters so much now it's to the point where he's becoming the annoying little brother. At this moment he is asking to get on my back. On the night of the 6th he was walking through the dark with no problem. Normally he needs me to come to him or he runs at the speed of light into the living room through the dark to come to me so I can be with him. He also ripped a huge hole in his sock so when I told him to throw them in the trash he did so, but then went upstairs in the dark twice to get some new socks. That's not very typical of Jordan. He also was more aware that night as well. When watching a show with me while I was trying to get him to sleep, he saw various things on the screen and named what he knew; like a cat and a bird. And when someone knocked on the door on the TV show he said "knock, knock, open door." I am so proud of him and so glad that I am able to keep up with his regimen. I may not have enough time in the day to do all that I do but somehow God allows me to get it done and I can see all the improvements he's making.

April is Autism Awareness month and April 2nd was Autism Awareness day. That day I put out blue porch lights and will probably keep them there the remainder of this month. I am hoping to get an autism bear from Build-A-Bear soon. Not that my buying it will help me bring awareness personally, but the proceeds that go to Autism Speaks to help get the awareness out there is the least I can do to help. I saw a blog post where a woman was like she wasn't going to "light it up blue" because she wanted a cure instead. And my first thought was she wasn't aware of all the ways you can go about treating and caring for an autistic child naturally and even with medication if that's the way for you. And how in some cases the diagnosis has been reversed and the child "cured". (I will use that term loosely.) I offered my insight and my post got ignored, mainly just like this blog. But I replied again with a statement pretty much saying this is why we need autism awareness because so many parents don't know about a DAN doctor and what a DAN doctor can do for your child with autism. I also said it can get to the root of why the child has the ailment and what to do to treat it. My son is proof because almost every time I add a new supplement or a go through a chelation treatment I see a positive difference in him. Lab test are consistent with what's going on with him. Like the time he had too many can sodas and his body held on to the tin and his level was off the page. I want to let as many people know that there is help but it seems like all I see is people wanting to complain instead of doing something to help. But hey who am I to judge. I left my email for anyone to contact me so they can get more info, but no one has. The saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Either way I am getting my son the help that he needs and will do anything to help other parents even if it was someone who couldn't stand me. It's what makes me, me.

To be continued May 2 after his doctors visit and latest lab results.....

Blue porch lights for Light It Up Blue, Autism Awareness Day
April 2, 2013

Popular Posts