Update


Since my last blog post nothing much has been happening here. Jordan is still learning little by little to answer questions correctly. He answers most questions instead of repeating. He has learned to answer how old are you but is responding 7 still so I have to work with him to say 8. But he gets the idea. He also has no problem giving you a firm no when it's something he doesn't want or doesn't want you to do. It makes me laugh when I'm trying to play with him and he whines "no". Overall he is still making steady progress which is all I can ask at this time.


I recently received the latest probiotic, Threelac, that he was supposed to be taking since April of last year and he started it on November 26th. Of course it's too soon to see any changes but I'm sure within the next month or so I will see many. Little, small things I notice about him is he wants to eat more of the things we eat. He asked for tacos one evening and I gave him some and he enjoyed them. The other day I made a lasagna and he also wanted some of that. But it is not gluten free so I offered him something else. As I was typing and trying to figure out what other small changes/differences I see, his baby sister comes into the room and says he pushed her. I called him into the room and the first thing he says to me is "say sorry". I asked him what did he say and he said "sorry". This is a big step because he knew what he did and why I was calling him and said what I would have told him to say. Yay Jordan!!!

Yesterday I got the results back from the last blood test Jordan had gotten to check his vitamin d levels. In his very first test his level was 19 when it should have been between 30-100. When I added the vitamin d it went to 27 which is close to 30 but his doctor said we want him closer to 50. She doubled the dosage and these results show he is at 44. They also showed that his RBC (red blood cells) are still the same. There are more than there should be and they are small and pale in color. I've added the honey water to his diet to help with the hydrogen peroxide process which is supposed to get oxygen into the blood but I don't think that's working out to well. With research I have found that adding vitamin B12 can help with that so I will ask his doctor about that next visit. But I will keep up with everything that I have been doing because looking back at past results he has had low or high levels in numerous areas and now from the last test he is normal in everything except his RBC. So with those results I won't change anything until his doctor says it's no need to keep giving him the water mixture and place him on vitamin B12. I wondered what the lack of oxygen in his blood is doing to him physically. I found out that there are a handful of symptoms that can occur but I think the one that mainly affects Jordan is the cognitive disturbance. And that is when the blood oxygen saturation falls and the amount of oxygen that is getting to his brain is less that it should be and it alters the cognitive functions. Cognitive functions are mental processes that involve symbolic operations like memory, perception and thinking and also encompass awareness and capacity for judgment. That is the area I would really like to work on next.

When I first started on this particular post I had no idea what to say or if I was going to even do it. I thought it might be time for an update since it's been a while but just didn't know where to start. I mean his results aren't really that significant enough to warrant a whole post about them. So that's why I though I would just do an update. In doing this "update" I did research on the lack of blood in oxygen, how it decreases cognitive functions, and what those functions are. We all have learned a little today. I'm hoping that we can get him on the vitamin B12 next visit. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular Posts