How much is too much?


On October 15 this year I started to green juice for Jordan twice daily. I was still using all of the ingredients I normally use; carrots, kale, spinach, apples and cilantro until they were all gone. Then I went to just cilantro and apple a few days after that. On the 24th of October I decided that I was going to go back to once a day because it seemed like I was forcing Jordan to drink the second cup and maybe drinking two cups a day was too filling for him. Since then Jordan's food has come back up and then a fever occurred a few hours after on 4 different occasions. The first two times I thought maybe he had eaten to fast, but that didn't explain the fever. So I chalked it up to him getting a 24 hour stomach virus, twice in 3 weeks. But last night it happened again. So you know what I did.....research.

I looked up if too much cilantro could be bad for you. While I didn't find anything on that I did find that cilantro crosses the blood brain barrier. That is a separation of circulating blood from the brain that doesn't occur in normal circulation. Which is actually the next step we are to work on once Jordan's lead levels go down. That made me feel good about still giving it to him. But what I also found out was that cilantro may be mobilizing the metals if not combined with supplements like chlorella or brown seaweed to help bind the metals so you don't have redistribution or reabsorption of them. So I looked up chlorella and brown seaweed to see if that could be something I could give to Jordan with the juiced cilantro to help but the side effects of the chlorella could be a weakened immune system if not done carefully. Then it came to me....maybe detoxing everyday with just cilantro and one apple was compromising his immune system. I mean it is getting rid of metals so maybe it was getting rid of too many of the good metals as well that he needs to help him fight off infections and that's why he seemed to be getting so many stomach viruses since I've started the new recipe.

I've put in a call to his doctors office and just waiting for a little insight into what she thinks may be the problem and what she would suggest I do next. I'm hoping that I can add the chlorella or seaweed to help bind so that I'm not just pushing these metals all around his body.

Yesterday I got real emotional and broke down because I had one of those why my child moments. I know that God gives some parents these children because he feels we are strong enough to take care of them and give them all the care that they need, but why me. Just because I am strong enough doesn't mean that I want to be. I have been through so much growing up that I feel like I've had my share of tests. Enough already. I just want my son to overcome this. If not then I just want to take care of him to the best of my ability. This being stuck in the middle is too frustrating. Pray for us.

Comments

Popular Posts