IV #3

Yesterday was Jordan's third IV treatment. I am not sure how I am feeling about them. He is not exhibiting the signs he should be after getting such a high dose of this substance created by the body to help rebuild tissue and remove toxins, among other things.

A positive thing I noticed in Jordan was his awareness. After Jordan is done peeling his oranges, he grabs all the pieces at one time, dropping some of them when going to the trash. Monday that just passed, he went and got a paper towel and scooped all of the pieces inside of it so he would not drop any. I, nor his father, had taught him that. It's like he figured it out on his own. Solving the issue of falling orange peel takes some thinking, which I know he does, but hardly ever see results. He also tried to tell me something I could not understand. Usually, when I don't understand what he is saying, I ask him to type it into a device. This time I did not and responded with ok. He asked me for my phone in my room. I brought him his tablet instead, and he typed hi sp. It was not what he wanted to say, but after seeing the h and sp, I understood his word better, and he was trying to say hospital. Something was bothering his stomach. I told him he did not have to eat his bowl of fruit and when he was ready to eat, let me know.

On the negative side, Jordan is not sleeping well. He is either waking up in the middle of the night like he did when he ate gluten regularly, or he can not fall asleep at a decent time. His toenails that he pulled off a couple of years ago have finally grown back, and where I thought they were growing back clear, they are actually growing back dark. Part of me wonders if yeast is an issue again. His lab technician explained that because glutathione is a binder, it binds to toxins and free radicals within the body, but if they are not flushed, they stay in the body and go places they don't belong. So Jordan needs to drink more water than usual after treatment. Do I think this will help? No. I am not sure what could be the remedy to this situation. I can't even get into the patient portal to email his doctor to let her know the findings after adding the lemon balm and b12 back into his supplements and then removing the b12 because I was unsure if that was the reason for the return of the stimming and late nights. But best believe I am going to get to the bottom of this.

We have our next appointment with the doctor on May 3rd when he should be going through with the fourth dose. I want to talk to her about my findings before making this appointment. His dosage has been doubled twice, and no physical changes. So now I want to know if this is not the way as soon as possible. 

Although I have not seen the changes I was looking forward to seeing, I am still excited about IV therapy. I can not explain why, but it's just a feeling I have deep down. 

On a lighter note, I went to Jordan's track practice on Tuesday. Boy, he can run. Two years ago, when he ran in practice, meets, and the Special Olympics, he did the bare minimum. But this time, he ran very well with giant strides. I was super impressed with what I saw from him. Prayerfully, I will be saying this about his stimming and cognitive improvements soon. Jeremiah 33:6, " Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts