Autism IS NOT easy

Yesterday I was hit with a conundrum of sorts. As you know, Jordan has been doing the IV therapy; three treatments over six weeks. You may also be aware that the glutathione that is supposed to help rebuild the tissues in his gut should really help with the stims and tics. But it is not. So I had to think, why was the therapy not doing what it should be?

In addition to the tics and stims coming back, Jordan is very gassy. Also, there is the regression where he wants repetition and is touching and smelling my hair again. He wanted me to touch his chin for a second time after I touched it walking past him in Sunday school. It did not dawn on me what might be occurring until that moment. I was concerned about yeast overgrowth, but it was then I remembered when he was on the Nemechek protocol and which addresses SIBO. 

Small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Could it be now that the gut is working to heal itself with the glutathione that harmful bacteria are growing inside the gut and overpowering the good? He had improvements when he was on the inulin supplement that balances the bacteria. If you remember, it was when he learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. 

With Jordan eating healthy fats to improve his weight, mushrooms are part of that diet. Now I read somewhere a few weeks ago that mushrooms can contribute to yeast. But after further investigation yesterday, I could not confirm or deny that information. So it was hard to decide if I needed to remove it altogether. When I have a question about something to do with Autism, it always seems like it gets answered with another question. It's so tiring. Whenever I have an issue like this, I don't ask Jordan's father, but yesterday I felt he could help me for some reason.

Don gave me the advice of removing it. He asked, "Why not remove what could be problematic?" You see, when it comes to Jordan, what may not be a problem for others, can be a problem for him because his makeup is not like everyone else's. The fungus from mushrooms could be an issue where a typical person with yeast overgrowth may not have a problem eating them. That's what makes this whole journey so frustrating. But thanks to Psalm 27:13, "I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living," I have peace with it all. Yes, some of my experiences with it are only my experiences, like the fact that I can not find any articles about children with Autism, yeast overgrowth, and consuming mushrooms making it worse. So these are waters I have to navigate on my own, but I have God. And He will work it out in the end. So here is my resolution:

Jordan was taking supplements for parasites when he was on the three-month detox. This also helped with bacteria. He has not been on them since November. Also, his doctor said that because of my findings, I can start him on the inulin and a probiotic. Because of other findings, I will not be adding a probiotic. That's another post for another day. Mushroom issues are unknown. With all that being said, I will start Jordan back on the supplements for parasites and the one for bladder and kidneys because they go hand in hand. I will add the inulin to help the good bacteria flourish to overtake the harmful bacteria. I have already removed the mushrooms from his diet just in case they affect him negatively. I won't be able to add the other things until next week or so when I receive them. But I will keep you updated on the mushroom removal.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts