A change in routine

Did I ever mention how thankful I am for the little things? Because I really am thankful for the little things. 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (NLT)

In my last post, I shared how I needed to change the time Jordan ate dinner because it was too late. I had a remedy in mind while typing, but I wanted to implement it just to be able to share with you the outcome of the change. Jordan is really great when it comes to change. He only gets upset when his Super Mario boxers aren't clean, and I advise him to put on another pair. Then he's ripping towels and whatnot. Anyway, Wednesday, I gave him his big bowl of fruit right off the bus, and we did the detox routine afterward. He finished eating the fruit a little after 6 o'clock and was done with the sauna, dry brush, Epsom salt bath, and shower a little after 7 o'clock. I gave him a little time before trying to feed him again, so dinner was at 8. Big difference than 11:45. Here's what I have noticed.

Less stimming. But this may be because it takes Jordan about 20 minutes to put on lotion. At that point, it's about time for him to eat. After dinner, he heads up to his room, and I may hear him stimming. Not for a long time, though. He's definitely not stomping as loud as he has been, so I'm not scared of him falling through the floor anymore. On the flip side, he is staying up later. This could be due to him eating so late and falling asleep right after. Now he's done eating before 9, and he's up until when he used to be done eating. I did hear him in bed. I'm not sure if he was giggling or just vocal stimming, but the headboard was hitting the wall slightly like it did when he had the severe tic problem. But again, the last two nights, I have gone to sleep a lot earlier than I usually do, so it could have been happening the whole time, and I was just not aware. All in all, I will say I think this second dose of the glutathione IV has made a positive step in the right direction. And changing dinner time may have helped too.

I love sloths!
Two days ago, I ordered the lemon balm supplement he has been out of for maybe a month. Lemon balm is good for calming. And while I did not notice a significant difference in his calmness when he took it, it could be the reason for the increased stimming. The supplement should be here early next week. Hopefully, it will help calm him in conjunction with the IV. 

I have a few other things I have seen online that I may try, but next week is all about relaxing during spring break. Jordan will not be able to eat breakfast at his leisure anymore, but I am looking forward to not having that 5:30 am alarm. I will probably have school work, but everything seems really easy so far. I can do like I did this week and have all work done by Tuesday and just check in daily for my extra credit questions. What are your plans for the break?

Comments

Popular Posts