Which diet website is right?

As I was giving Jordan a bath tonight I noticed that a little bit of mildew growing in the tub again. Being as though I use green cleaners to clean the tub, they don't get mildew out of caulk. So every now and then I have to use a regular cleaner when Jordan goes to school so it can have time to air out and I clean it a couple of times after with the regular organic cleaner that I have. When I saw the mildew this time, it made me wonder if that tiny bit of mildew was a problem. If Jordan was inhaling spores from it that was keeping his lead levels where they are. So once again here I am doing research.

I could not find anything that would tell me if trace amounts of mildew would cause or keep the problem going. But I did come across a board post where this woman went into detail, and I meant a very long detailed passage, about how she found black mold was the cause of the family's illnesses, even with her children that had autism. She went on to explain that she has done treatments and so on and so forth, but if you don't deal with every problem, you can't fix the problem. Of course the first thing to do would be deal with the mold in the house, apartment, or wherever you reside if you find out that is an issue. Of course you have to boost the immune system with probiotics etc., to help the body heal so if can work properly. But she also mentioned something that brought me to tears. A "mold free" diet. And the reason why that moved me so was 1) because of the things that you need to avoid in this diet, 2) how many websites that were inconsistent about what needed to be avoided, and 3) not being able to find any recipes that I could attempt to make to try and start Jordan on this diet. Now that's so frustrating because basically if I were to put Jordan on this mold free diet, I would have to eliminate everything that he eats from his diet excpet some fruits and vegetables.

                                                                       

The first website that I came across stated that you need to stay away from dried fruit, aged cheese, mushrooms, leftovers, breads, tomato products, fruit juices, eggs, crackers, white potatoes and dry corn products or corn meal. So if I were to follow this websites directions he wouldn't be able to eat the pizzas, which is his favorite food at the time, homemade french fries or any juice unless it was fresh squeezed.
There is also something mention called aspergillus fermentation which is a type of mold used in food production. That is found in soy sauce, chocolate, some vitamins, citric acid, soft drinks and fruit juices. So there goes the beef fried rice that I make from scratch for him. This website did not list meats.

The next website listed the same as listed above but also named all cheeses, hamburger, pickled and smoked meats, processed meats, beef and canned or frozen juices. Also boxed cereal and enriched pastas, I planned on staying away from those anyway, and yeast. So that is just about everything Jordan eats and drinks aside from the green juice and I have to make sure that is it fresh with no brown spots, and water. The pizza has yeast, which can build surface mold in about a day, egg, tomato sauce and cheese. The hot dogs and nuggets are processed and the beef fried rice has soy sauce, beef which should be avoided (depending on which site you are on) and also it would be a leftover because he can't eat all of that in one day, but I may be able to keep if frozen and use the microwave to heat it which could kill SOME of the mold. UGH!!!


I really want to try this diet because the fact that Jordan's autism came about when I was carrying him in a basement that had a mold problem and my system was compromised as well as his since he was growing inside me, leads me to believe that these foods may be contributing to the fact that his lead levels won't come down. So when I first thought Jordan really needs to be on this diet, I felt like I couldn't do it. But as it sunk in I thought, no I can do this and I will do this, just to see if there are any positive results. But now I can't find anything that my son could eat that won't have some form or type of mold in it. He would have to drink just water and I would have to find some dish with chicken that he would enjoy. I just introduced him to a turkey chili and I made him try the beans and he liked it. He had seconds. It's not hard to get him to try different foods, I just now have to find foods that don't contain some sort of mold that he can eat.

When Jordan was tested for yeast he did not have an overgrowth of it, but we are now 4 years later, a variety of things have changed. I did ask was she ever going to test Jordan's GI Panel again to check his sensitivities again and she said yes but I think she is waiting for these levels to go down. Before I continue to work myself up over this conflicting diet, I will give myself a few days to think this through, test for lead within the home and if nothing comes up, call the doctor and get her reaction to maybe putting him on this diet and see if she has any good recommendations about where and how to start because I am seeing a lot of differences about this diet in many different places and I want to make sure I am doing this right so there won't be any setbacks.

Comments

Popular Posts