What you can't see


Since October of 2017, Jordan has been on the Nemechek Protocol. The protocol that consists of one supplement, and two oils; fish oil high in omega 3 and certified organic olive oil.


After starting out with a few supplements at the beginning of treating holistically, it ended up being over twenty right before starting the protocol. While he was taking these various supplements, I saw some gains here and there. None of which has given me the glimmer of hope that I have seen in the little over a year that he has only taken these three. Well, two since May of this year due to his sensitivity to fish.


The first was the fact that he started to gain weight. At 5'2", 13 years old, Jordan was a mere 87 lbs. He was so skinny that to me he looked malnourished. His arms and legs looked like they were bones covered with skin. As we continued on the protocol he jumped to 92 to 97 to 100. He stalled at about 106 for a while. Then after his first LDA shot, he jumped to 113 where he remains today. Even though he is still skinny and now towering over me at 5'5", when I look at him I do not see the scrawny little boy that used to be.


The second major gain that happened was his ability to ride a bike. I remember some years back at a family get together, my younger cousins bike was out and he wanted to ride it. I attempted to show him the ropes but he could not balance to keep the bike upright. Mid 2017 when we taught our youngest daughter to ride we tried again with him also. Same technique with teaching her, allowing her to get comfort by riding in the grass. Still, he could not balance. Months later we started him on the Nemechek protocol. This year, he is riding a bike. My husband showed him how the brakes worked and gave him a little push and he was riding, riding like he has been doing it for years.


I was never in doubt that this protocol was not working for him, but I did underestimate the wonderful job it was doing because of where his gains were. He has not gained the speech that I would love for him to have. He is still not retaining all of the information he is taught. He still has the need or wants for you to repeat what you have said. And looking at those things can make you lose sight of what you have really gained because it is not the main area you want to see improvement.


The enemy does not want you to keep moving forward in the right direction so he will have you focusing on what is not improving instead of where there is growth. I am here to tell you do not allow him to get inside your head to make you think what you are working toward is pointless. Small gains are huge gains. In Luke 16 the 10th verse, Jesus said to His disciples, "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much."


While a child learning to ride a bike is not hardly qualified as being the least, it can be when you are looking for that child to hold a conversation with you or remember what 1+1 is. But if I can not show God how thankful I am that He gave my son the ability to ride a bike, how thankful would He think I would be when He becomes able to converse. If I do not praise Him for my son being nourished properly, He will believe I will not worship Him when he can learn as his typical peers do. Do not base your gratefulness to God on things that are barely visible. That is where His best work is.

Comments

Popular Posts