Trying to wrap my head around this

Wednesday of last week, Jordan had a follow-up with his DAN!, Maps doctor. I explained to her how I decided to do things a little differently and remove chelation from his regimen and many other supplements because I wanted to work on healing his gut. For a little over three weeks, he was taking only gut instincts. I kept the enzymes to help digest the food so the supplements wouldn't have to work harder than they needed to. And the ashwagandha because I felt that was the supplement God was telling me to give him for his anxiety, memory, and inflammation. Closer to the appointment, I gave him oil of oregano to help remove bacteria and other harmful things in the gut and protect against leaky gut. 

After sharing that information with her, I read her the results of Jordan's blood testing he had requested by his primary care physician. While I thought it was nothing out of the ordinary, she explained that his results were showing that his blood sugars were high, close to being pre-diabetic. I was slightly shocked, however, because of the detox he went through almost a year ago I know that his body getting as much fruit as it does along with eating the cooked foods that he does and factoring the way his body does or doesn't process things, it sounds right. 

So to help with lowering it, she suggested avoiding fruit higher in sugar, like pineapples and grapes, and giving more berries. She suggested a supplement, berberine, that will help with the levels and kill bacteria in the body. There may be a few reasons I will not give this to him.

Sunday morning, I watched this video about mitochondria and how it produces energy. When it has more than the body needs, it stores it as fat. It went on and on about some kind of blockers and a chemical that was given to people back in the early 1900s that was banned, yadda yadda yadda. What it boiled down to was that the body needs more polyphenols and something else I can't remember. However, it contains grape seed extract that seemed like it would be beneficial for Jordan for yet another reason I can not remember or find. If only I could come across that video again. I decided to see if Farmacy for Life makes grape seed extract. They do not, but they have a black seed oil that helps with blood sugars and promotes healthy brain function because it is an AChE inhibitor. Something in me decided to look up the berberine the doctor suggested, and it surprised me that it is not suggested for long-term use because it can have harmful and antimicrobial effects in the gut. Something I need to avoid when it comes to Jordan.

Even though I have already ordered the berberine, and it has shipped, I can return it and purchase the black seed oil. I would hate to give him something that would upset his gut after I have been working aimlessly to seal the gaps. I usually research something new the doctor prescribes me to give Jordan. I missed doing it this time. Needless to say, I think I know what I will do moving forward. 

It took for his doctor to inform me that his blood sugars were a little high for me to consider the reason for his stimming at the same time every day, shortly after he ate his fruit. It was confirmed after his doctor's appointment when I allowed him to get a smoothie so he could be included with my girls and me and not always left out. I know it is not the sole reason he stims because he still does at random times. The stimming may have something to do with how his body processes something he has eaten. I'm still trying to figure all this out. However, because I have been fervently praying over this, the answers are coming a little quicker. James 5:16 (NLT) says, "Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." I love this version of this scripture.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts