Less is more

We are two weeks in with reducing the high-sugar fruits Jordan consumes due to his borderline prediabetic results. If you remember my last post, I noticed how Jordan started to stim shortly after eating his fruit. A few days after the decrease, I noticed it started to happen every time he ate. Now, for the past two days, there has been no stimming. However, there could be a couple of reasons for this.

Monday, I learned Jordan had covid...again. His bus driver notified me that two students that rode his bus had it and that I should test him. I tested him when he came home, and indeed he had it. The first couple of days, there was still some stimming. Again, it usually started shortly after he ate. But I had to stop the oil of oregano because it is so potent it is not recommended for long-term use either. I thought he stopped stimming because he was not feeling so well because he did not have the supplement to make the symptoms subside. However, when I asked him if he felt okay or sick, in that order, he told me he felt okay. 

Another reason why he may not be stimming is that he is not at school. Jordan loves school, and going is one of the few things that excite him. I don't know everything he does while there, but there is structure and work. While he is at home, he just gets to do whatever it is he wants to do. However, I noticed that while we were at church on Sunday, he did not stim in the other classroom like he typically does. I'm pretty sure he had covid at that time because it is doubtful that he caught it and tested positive on Monday. He also told me he had a sore throat on Wednesday or Thursday. I had to drag that out of him, though.

He happened to be stimming in his room, and I thought I would ask him why. Generally, I know why he stims, so I don't know what made me go and ask him. When I asked, he kept answering with nothing or jumping. Because he kept giving me those two answers, I turned, walked out of his room, and closed his door. He ran to the door, yelling no because he knew that I was not satisfied with his responses. He said to me again, jumping, and I said I wanted to know why. We gave each other a look, and I walked away while he closed his door. About a minute later, he came into my room and said stop jumping. Although I can be annoyed when he does it because, to me, it means that what I am doing to try and help him isn't working, I never tell him to stop because I know it is something his body may need. I told him I did not want him to stop jumping, but I wanted to know why he was. I asked him if something was bothering him or if he felt like it, and he said his throat hurt. I asked him if that was why he was jumping, and he said yes, and I said okay. He went back into his room, and that was the end of it. 

That whole inaction was different because Jordan typically does not care to resolve things. I know he does not like it when I appear irritated with him, which is probably what he got when I walked out of his room, but I let it go when I walked away from the last conversation. For him to come into my room to continue the conversation was huge. That interaction, to his symptoms of covid not being severe, to no stimming and few tics. All on four supplements. The gut instincts, oil of oregano, ashwagandha, and enzymes. He is doing so much better on these four than he has ever done on the multiple supplements he took in the past. That is why I feel like less is more. 

This could be a reach, but this is my interpretation. Luke 6:20 says, "Then He lifted up His eyes toward His disciples, and said: "Blessed are you poor, For yours is the kingdom of God." Poor can mean many things. Not having what you need, something that is worse than normal, or someone you have pity on. At this time, I relate it to not having a lot. Jordan is not taking a lot of supplements at this time. His body is working less because he is not getting all the supplements he used to take. Therefore, there is more energy to heal, and it has time to relax. He is getting a "poor" amount of supplements, but what he does get is high quality, and his body doesn't have to work hard. Sounds like a blessing to me.

I do plan on adding two more supplements. I will tell you more about why in a later post. 

Update: He started stimming last night. I keep forgetting that his system is not like a typical one, so his dosage won't be a typical one. Because the only change was the oil of oregano, I started him back on that this morning. 

Comments

Popular Posts