Pardon me

My apologies to you. It has been almost two months since I've shared anything about Jordan with you. If I can be honest, I was trying to figure out just what to say.

As many of you know, Jordan was doing a 3-month detox. Eating just fruits, fresh fruit juices, and celery juice. He also took several herbal supplements, vitamins and did a few cleanses. It was a journey. I won't say it was easy, but it was not very hard either. He took everything he needed to and did almost everything required very well. What was hard was me having to do it all for him. The juicing, the morning routine, buying fruit in bulk. The hardest thing of all was watching him eat only fruit. Not that he doesn't love it, but because it is not "typical."

Here we are, 3 weeks post-detox, and here's what is going on.

Jordan still does most of the morning routine, but we wait until he comes home from school to shower and get the day off him. Still Covid, you know. He eats fruit for breakfast and lunch when home. I send cooked food to school for lunch, so the teachers will see first hand we have stopped the detox, and he can enjoy warm foods like his classmates. The cooked food I give him is quinoa and mushrooms. He eats avocado on the side. Still fresh fruit juice, celery juice, and smoothies. He is finishing up the last bit of the herbal supplements he has left. I will consider continuing with them depending on how his skin looks after they are done. While on vacation for my daughter's graduation, I stopped them for 5 days, and he broke out. However, he was not eating well while we were gone either, so there's that.

How is Jordan doing?

Well, that is not an easy question to answer. I knew going into this that it would not be overnight, or within the 3 months, that I would see everything I wanted to see changed with him. However, some changes took place. Even after all was done. 

First thing, his skin is clear. After coming back from Florida and getting back on the right diet and supplements, his skin is clearer. The stimming has subsided. Not completely gone, but the stimming that used to come from his room at night and hearing his headboard hit the wall has completely stopped. He still has his moments, but there is a big difference. He is communicating more. Jordan has rare moments of expressing himself in ways he wouldn't have before. His comprehension seems to be better too. Toenail fungus is going away. Last year, Jordan pulled a couple of his toenails off, and I could not understand why. It wasn't until I saw them growing back that they seemed darker than the rest of his nails. But after the detox, the nail is now growing back to its normal color. More personality. Yesterday and today, when speaking with Jordan, he just gave me a thumbs up instead of saying ok as his response. 

The downside.

I still don't know how he is doing holding on to nutrients. He did well while on the fast, but he declined in weight a little after it was over. Even after giving him a pizza and some cake when we were on vacation, and now the fats in the mushrooms and avocado, he still is looking the same. I do not want to undo all that has been done. So I am trying to find a way to get him to take in more calories without going backward. The detox guru suggested something that I plan to talk to his doctor about in January.

All in all, I am happy I did what I did with Jordan because I can see where the internal improvements are showing outwardly. Clear toenails, less acne, oh and no tinea versicolor either. Slight improvement in communication and expressing himself. He shows more emotions, so I can tell when he is upset because I didn't get his fruit. Doing this detox with him reminded me of when Daniel did not want to eat the king's food and only ate vegetables and water, and he and his friends were healthier than those who ate what the king did. Check out Daniel 1:1-21. This is why I have no problems continuing Jordan on his path. He will get there.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm always in awe and inspired by your committee to Jordan's health. You are an Amazing Mom..!!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts