Giving up to get something better

Initially, I was not going to talk about the fast I am partaking in this month, but something has happened that is too good not to share.

I must admit I have not been the best Christian since Covid-19 has come about. I generally watch church services the day after, I have missed a couple of communions and Bible studies, and while I still listened to my worship music, another form of music became my go-to. Especially music by my favorite rapper, Wale. Before the fast, probably even before Covid, I heard God speak to me about this. He spoke through my pastor and to me personally, but I thought it really couldn't be that bad, could it? It's just a form of entertainment. As much as I tried to ignore it, I couldn't anymore after reading the chapter called "God's extraordinary invitation."

In the chapter before it, "The adventure our souls were made for," I prayed to God to help me leave behind the earthly things I clung to, Wale specifically. So in God's extraordinary invitation, He did just that. I knew it would be a struggle, and to be honest, I was going to leave it behind, but I did not want to do so and do it grudgingly. I prayed to God to give me some time, so I can cheerfully let go. He wasted no time allowing me to feel like I was willing; it happened the same day. During the personal Bible study, we have to read some scriptures. In this one, the first one I had to read was Psalm 37:5. Nothing big, right? What was is the fact that the verse right before it was highlighted. I don't highlight many verses in the Bible app. If I have some, it is no more than two or three. So the fact that Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." was, was a sign to me and what I needed to get the ball rolling. After that, I was glad to delete my playlists and say yes to God. After all, what was more important, music or God?

After my tearful morning of spending time with God and Him speaking to me, something became clear. Before I let go of my earthly desire, I had figured out that the reason why things were not going as planned with Jordan was that it was a leaky gut due to years of yeast overgrowth. Reversing the gaps in his gut was what we should do next. However, it didn't really hit me why that was an issue until that day. It came to my mind when Jordan fasts, and also when I gave him the detox formula that consisted of aloe gel and bentonite clay; he did not have tics, nor did he stim. It was because the things that should not get into his body that was not supposed to weren't. 

Once the gut gaps are closed, and his body is only getting what he should from food, we should see the tics and stimming stop. The next step is just to find what will close those gaps. Today his teacher mentioned she had meant to share a book published by National Geographic titled "Nature's Medicine" with me for some time. She said this book lists just about every ailment you can have and what herbs you can take to fix it. Talk about doors opening up. If I get a hold of this book and find what I am looking for, this could be HUGE!


While I enjoyed the music I listened to, I really could not understand why it took over me like it did. I mean, it was a big part of my life. I believe it was placed in my life to give me something to truly desire, that I would have to choose God over. That put me in the position I am in today to fully hear from God during this fast and have Him move in extraordinary ways. I am still in disbelief about all that is coming to me. I have had encounters with God in the past where I saw His hand throughout it, but it always feels good to continue seeing it. To know that He hasn't left me. To know He still has a plan for me, but it's up to me to receive it. He won't give me what I need if I can't give Him my all. Sometimes it is hard to say yes when He asks, but when you see what the result is when you do, it will get easier each time.

Comments

Popular Posts