Not where we want to be, but close

From day one of treatment with Jordan, my intention was to have him become just like everyone else in the family. To be able to converse with us in an everyday setting and to express his wants and needs. I have been on this journey for 11 years, but this year we moved closer to that. We recently started working on the yeast overgrowth, and while it has had its ups and downs, it has proved to be the one thing that has enabled us to include him in what we are doing as a family. 

Yesterday we took family pictures. It has been about 11 years since we took professional photos as a family. And we have never done it outside of a Sears or JC Penny studio. Before the pandemic, I had an idea to take a picture of me and Jordan back to back in an outdoor setting for the cover of my next book. Because of that, I felt like we should take the same kind of pictures as a family to do something different than we have done before. 

We had driven to Virginia to have the pictures taken, and on the way there, my husband noticed a Mod pizza. On the way back, my oldest asked did anyone notice the Mod pizza on the way here? So we decided we would go there. Now usually, when we go out, we have something in place for Jordan. However, we were miles away from home and was not going to eat there anyway. Looking at the menu, I had the urge to include Jordan in getting a pizza. They had a gluten-free and a cauliflower crust option. I got him a gluten-free cheese pizza. I did not have any reservations about how he may react to what he may ingest when usually I do. 

When we got home, we all enjoyed our pizzas as a family. It felt good to allow him to have what the family was having and not have to delay eating to concern myself with what alternative he will eat. It was also nice to see him enjoying what everyone else was eating instead of watching them get his favorite food while he eats roasted chicken and cabbage. He did have a spell of vocal stimming, but no tics. I did give him the yeast detox drink right before the pictures, and I decided to give him one drop of the RNA reset drops again. I felt he needed something to combat what he took, and it helped. When it was time for bed, there was little vocal stimming that kept him up a little after bedtime, but nothing I haven't seen in the past few nights anyway.

I concluded that either diet he gets gives him an overload of what he has issues with. For example, on the alkaline vegan diet, he may get grains with small amounts of sugar that will build-up in his system due to his inability to detox. Same thing with the yeast-free diet as he gets an abundance of veggies that can be high in salicylates. I have been doing a mixture of the two to help him keep from getting too much of one. 

But getting back on topic, we are not where we would like to be when it comes to Jordan and what we would like to see from him, but we definitely celebrate the improvements that allow him to participate with the family in events that I know he wants and enjoys. "Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7. Exalt means to raise to a higher rank of position in power. I believe we have been put in a higher position because of our dedication to God and fully trusting in Him that He will give us everything we need to help Jordan get closer to living as "normal" of a life as possible. I praise Him for who He is and what He has done to get us where we are right now and thank Him in advance for what He will do moving forward.

Comments

Popular Posts