Two down for week 1

This week was very productive. It was the first week for distance learning for the 20-21 school year. It was also the first week for something I have been doing with Jordan after seeing his DAN! Doctor last Friday.

It had been years since we had seen Dr. K regarding Jordan and his health issues like sensitivities, tics, destructive behaviors, etc. I needed some time to see how Dr. Sebi and his methods would work with Jordan. He has been doing well as far as his behaviors go, but it did nothing for his gut issues. After months of observing him and seeing how his weight and tics did not improve to where I wanted them to be, I narrowed down what I thought the problem could be. My last post explains it in more detail.

The main thing I felt I needed to do was work on his diet. After talking things out with the doctor, it was determined that the only thing that truly worked for Jordan was changing his diet or fasting. The behaviors, tics, were only improved by food or the lack of. So we agreed that he should go on a low salicylate diet. Not only to help the tics but to keep his gut from being inflamed by the foods that irritate it. I was concerned with this diet because of the fact that he does not do well on meat. However, I tried it out anyway. We started the low salicylate diet Saturday, and by Sunday afternoon, he had colored with crayon on my glass table. He did clean it up, but that was out of character for him at this point. He also did not ask for the chicken the next day. I have not given it to him since. By Wednesday, Jordan was extremely calm. His physical tics were not accompanied by verbal stimming. Things were looking good.

We also needed to add some supplements. One of the supplements I had started we were to keep in place, the IgG. We were to add two new supplements called pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) and butyrate. The PQQ helps with building mitochondria and improves the production of the nerve growth factor, which allows neurons to transmit information to other nerve cells and muscles. Butyrate is a short fatty chain acid that supports digestive health, control inflammation and prevent leaky gut. We are to continue on the other supplements that he was taking, which consists of the l-glutathione, zinc, enzymes, and magnesium. However, I discontinued everything except for the IgG. I started him on the PQQ two days ago, and because of what transpired, I am glad I stopped everything else.

Because Jordan had such a great morning on Wednesday, I thought it was time to add in the next supplement. He started to stim some after lunch, but it wasn't as big of a change when I gave him the PQQ. After he took that, he began to stim by jumping up and down like he used to do a long time ago. I was a bit confused because it happened about 5 minutes after taking it. There were a couple of reasons I believe it affected him this way. One, he took it away from food or two, it was something that just did not work well with his system. The last reason I thought it affected him this way was because of the capsule. Some are made of gelatin and some of vegetable cellulose. I look for capsules that are made from vegetable cellulose because gelatin comes from animals. However, many vegetables are high in salicylates, which may be in it. The next time I gave him the supplement, I gave it with food and poured it out of the capsule. He did not have the same reaction as the previous day. If he still had been taking the zinc supplement, I may not have seen the changes in his tics nor realized that the capsules affected him like it did.

I have been asking God to reveal to me what is affecting Jordan in negative ways, and because of the diet, I see now all the things that make him stim and have tics. God said in Jeremiah 33:3, "'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'"

As far as distance learning, we are doing fine with it. Jordan does not have a problem sitting in front of the computer for the allotted time. He has a problem following the directions given to him, but that is normal for him when he is not sure what it is you are asking him to do. I am pleased with how well things have been for him as well as my 6th grader. So this has been a pretty good week.


Comments

Popular Posts