"This kind can only come out by prayer and fasting"

Last week I started a fast on October 1st. This fast was mainly in support of my husband who wants to lose a little more weight. I was due for another fast anyway because of the scripture I hold dear to me, Mark 9:29. However, when my husband stopped, I did too. I realized I needed to stick to what I believed in and not concern myself with others although it was mainly in support of him. So today, I start my fast again. Already I believe am receiving word about what my next moves should be.

To shed some light as to why I feel the need to fast again is due to Jordan and the underwhelming response to what he is taking. We are still seeing the same things where he does great the first day and then returns back to normal. There is still stimming and tics while his memory is slowly getting better. Slowly. Looks like the tinea versicolor is coming back on his chest where what is on his back has shown no improvement. Researching some time back taught me that when you have skin issues such as the one Jordan has and others such as acne, psoriasis, etc., you have an issue within the lymphatic system.

The lymphatic system is a network of vessels where lymph (a colorless fluid containing white blood cells) drain into the blood. It is part of the immune system and is responsible for transporting nutrients, proteins and white blood cells to fight infections. It also helps rid the body of toxins and other unwanted material. The largest lymph organ is the spleen, which acts as a blood filter and controls the amount of red blood cells and blood storage in the body. The brain has also been found to have lymph vessels within it, which means there is a direct connection between the brain and the lymphatic system (http://www.lymphaticrei.org/autism-study.html). When that system becomes congested with waste, you know the rest.

While being an alkaline vegan helps to keep from adding mucus and other unnecessary things to the body, it does very little for what is already there. To break down what is clogging his lymphatic system, he needs to fast.

So not only do I need to fast, Jordan needs to, too.

I did have him fast before. I purchased the small cleanse package and had him fast for over a week, but due to Jordan's small stature, he lost way to much weight. I had to figure out another way to do this. I think I have.

Dry fasting. Dry fasting is when you eliminate water and food from your diet. It is not recommended to do this beyond five days, but I could never do that with Jordan anyway. This kind of fast is equivalent to fasting for three days with water. Dry fasting gets rid of toxins in a different way than a regular fast. Toxins in the body are burned inside of the cell instead of being flushed out through the urine, bowels, kidneys and skin. There is so much information about dry fasting. More than I can share with you. I do know that as a beginner you need to prepare for this fast by drinking juice and water for three days prior. Because the body is going to pull water from where it can within itself, you have to make sure the body has plenty. Then you have to ease your way out of the diet by again, drinking water, slowly. I had an idea on when I wanted this fast to start, next week Friday-Monday. However, because it would require me to take him out of school that Monday and Tuesday, I have decided to wait until winter break.

I blogged about having a dream about six months. December 25th and June 25th were the dates in my dream. December 25th will be around the time I do this dry fast for him. I wonder if this is everything falling into place....

 Job 33:14-16
14 For God may speak, in one way or another,
Yet man does not perceive it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
When deep sleep falls upon men,
While slumbering on their beds,
16 Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts