The big day!

Forget about the first day of high school, yesterday we started LDA.

You may or may not remember me speaking on LDA before. It stands for Low Dose Allergy immunotherapy and it treats food and environmental allergies as well as autoimmune conditions. I seriously considered this for Jordan, but I wanted to make sure the Nemechek Protocol had done as much as it could before trying it. I didn't want to give him anything unnecessarily because of both being impatient and it is costly.

Jordan still couldn't tolerate the fish oil after being on just inulin and EVOO for months. I felt there was a fungal infection within him or something of that nature because of the tinea versicolor continuing to spread. There is no way he has this growing on his skin and there is no reason for it internally. I remember a recipe that I came across a while ago that helped treat fungal overgrowth with a few spices, onions and garlic. I decided to try it for him to see if it could help kill whatever it is growing in him and see if it helps the inulin do a better job so he could start taking the fish oil.

After giving it to him consistently at first, but then lowering the amount I gave him and skipping some nights due to it making him somewhat anxious, I stopped it. Not only because of that but because after sending an email to Dr. Nemechek personally, he felt the inulin is not strong enough and that we should try rifaximin, the prescription that helps with bacterial overgrowth. The problem with rifaximin is its effectiveness. Yes, it works, but then it is usually followed by a relapse that is much worse and then it loses its effectiveness. The only other option that is given by his doctor, LDA.

I took him for his first shot in the morning and he seems to be doing relatively well so far. I noticed the tinea versicolor on his arm in the immediate area of the shot started to look ashy, as if it was drying up already. I knew it wasn't starting to work that quickly, but I believe it will help him with a lot of the physical issues he faces such as the tinea versicolor and the tics, which have already subsided some. This morning he seems calmer. I still have a few questions about it. I have read that you need to do this for at least a year, where his doctor only does 4 doses. Also, should he stop taking the quercetin I give him for allergies as well? We have a follow up later this month where I will address these issues.

I am positive about this treatment, but right now I'm feeling blah. Not sure why, but I didn't want to finish this entry. I started it yesterday but between making dinner and having to pick my daughter up over an hour away and coming back home, I couldn't get it done. Even as I am typing now I am struggling to complete it. Not that anything is wrong or things are bad, but I just feel weird. I can't even come up with a scripture to relate to the post. I guess it's just one of those days. I will post more frequently to keep you updated with the results of the first dose of the LDA and give you a more in-depth look as to what it actually does to help overcome allergies. Take care.

Jordan's first day of high school

Comments

Popular Posts