The nerve

For the last few days I have been wondering how to address this issue with Jordan. The unpredictable behaviors and outbursts. I have been waiting patiently on God to give me direction and I may have gotten my answer. Let me give you the rundown.

Back in January, after being on the Nemechek Protocol for about 3 months, I removed Jordan from taking any other supplements due to the fact that may interfere with the outcome of the protocol. Because of that Jordan began to show what seemed to be the "awakening" period of the protocol. But I felt he was deficient in something because after taking away the vitamin and mineral supplement is when he became worse. However, it is possible that the more underlying issues of his Autism were showing. I still requested his DAN! doctor test him for any vitamin deficiencies just in case. On March 8, we went over the results that showed he was low in vitamin B1, not necessarily deficient. Being deficient in B1 can be weight loss, weakness and most importantly, emotional disturbances. I opted to give him the supplement because he showed signs of emotional imbalances and also because due to his body not functioning as a typical one, it's possible that being low could effect him in the way that being deficient is to someone else. I hoped it would solve the problem, but I wasn't so lucky.

Two weeks in, after adding the inulin back that was removed so he could receive what he ingested properly, not much has changed. I increased the dosage of the B1 because after some research I found the thiamine version is harder to absorb than the benfotiamine. His doctor said she noticed an increase in energy with the benfotiamine which is why we increased the other. Upping the dosage worked for about a day, but it proved it wasn't going to do the job I wanted and needed it to do. I was back to square one. I briefly tried a CBD oil which is supposed to help with anxiety and stress. However it wasn't effective which may have been due to it containing sunflower oil; one the protocol tells us to avoid. I have been waiting about a week for a new one to come in. Seems the company is having a problem receiving the natural flavor so I opted to try the mint flavor. Should be here in a few days.

Amidst dealing with all of this, I was (and still am) in the process of trying to get my second book published. It's completed but I wanted to revamp my first book; you know, correcting improper phrases, adding a bibliography and table of contents, things I totally missed in the first. I reached the chapter where I addressed when I missed a supplement that was supposed be given over a year ago. Back then it was about the time where I felt like yeast was really a problem within Jordan because he had severe tinea versicolor and jock itch. These are things I am seeing in him again today. I reached out to the Facebook page to ask but they were no help. I decided to Google if someone had an issue of an overgrowth of yeast while on the protocol. The reason why it is so hard to get to the bottom of that is because Dr. Nemechek believes that bacteria overgrowth is confused with yeast overgrowth. I believe a problem with yeast is what I see in Jordan because if the protocol is doing its job, it shouldn't be getting worse. But have no proof other than what I see going on with his skin, that could really be bacteria overgrowth. I could not find a definitive answer but ended up on the protocols official page and believe it lead me to what the problem could actually be.

There is an extremely long article titled "Reversing Autism" that I probably haven't read in its entirety. After doing some scrolling I came across a link that said watch a screen-cast on how leakage of LPS from bacterial overgrowth prevents the brain from fully recovering from injuries. I was curious as to what LPS was. I'm still not sure but believe it is related to leaky gut. There were 12 different videos including the one about LPS. Because I have tried everything the Nemechek protocol recommends except VNS (vagus nerve stimulation), I watched it to see what it entailed. It was truly eye opening and pretty much explains why there are still issues within Jordan. There is too much in this 6 minute video for me to put in this paragraph so I'll just direct it to you here:

https://youtu.be/0vJJ3HnGzaA

This is something I think would really help, but I am still in the process of trying to find out if the CBD oil can help with it as well since it is something I am going to start him on in the next couple of days. It would be great if it could help stimulate the nerve because otherwise there is no controlling inflammation and repairing the brain without it. It would only be a mask to the problem.

Although Jordan has been home with me for quite some time, the peace I have about the whole situation is what's gotten me through it. I was not frazzled about what to do next because I knew if I just waited, God would reveal to me what I needed to overcome it. Sometimes we miss out on what He is telling us because of our own selfish agendas, and sometimes it's because we don't just sit and wait and let Him have control. Once I let go of the situation, when it was time, He gave me an answer. Habakkuk 2:3 (AMP) "For the vision is yet for the appointed time, it hurries toward the goal; it will not fail. Even though it delays, wait patiently for it, because it will certainly come; it will not delay."


Comments

Popular Posts