I come back to this

Some may know and some may not know that we just renewed our vows on our 11th anniversary. My mom stayed behind to take care of the kids and because Jordan has so many supplements to take, I decided that I would only require her to give him about half. I wanted to keep the ones for allergies in place because of the season we are in. I also wanted him to keep taking his vitamin d, detox aid, iron and one of the other new supplements to help with his immune system. I did away with one new supplement and some of the things that have been in place for a while like the probiotics he has been on since day one and cod liver oil. Also the vitamins and minerals and b12. I also did not request that she give him the threelac which may have been costly.

Before I left Jordan was on the brink of becoming a more misbehaved child at home and at school. I can threaten him with spankings and calls to daddy that can control him for a little while, but I'm starting to believe there's something more to his disruptions. I received some information from my DAN! doctor for our ministries monthly meeting and had to acknowledge that maybe the sugars he received from getting fruit snacks daily and sugary candies every so often, was problematic. I decided that I was going to get rid of all sugars aside from what he gets in juice. I bought him some cheddar crackers to replace the snack package in his lunch. But while I was gone, he decided to eat the remainder of the fruit snacks that were in the house without asking anyone. I was beginning to wonder if his bad actions were the result of having withdrawals from not having sugar and when he did eat up what was left, the yeast feeding off the sugars from all those sweet sugary gummies. While on our trip I received calls of him trying to knock over keyboards and hitting one of his older sisters repeatedly. The night I got home I saw in his communication book that he refused to follow any kinds of orders that day. I was very disturbed. I alerted the school the next day of the restrictions I now have with sweets but also he was not taking every medication that he has so give me a little time to get back into rhythm and for his body to get adjusted to no more sugars and what is built up, removed.

What his rash looks like
I am so tempted to put a call into his doctor to see if I can increase the threelac to 2 packets because I have read where you can give more than 1 to a person if additional support is needed. I want to be patient, but as I see other things that are going on, like the skin rash that he, his father and siblings with the same father have, it makes me think that one packet just isn't enough to do everything that his body is requiring to get rid of it at a productive pace. I know that for a week he hadn't been taking the threelac, but prior to that, the rash that had disappeared after treating it with the cream the doctor suggested came back. If I don't continuously put the cream on him to help keep it clear, it comes right back, which is an indication that it's not going to help the problem. What's weird is one of my closest friends called me about her son having the signs of yeast overgrowth and I would have probably never looked more into the threelac; what it can rid the body of or that it can be increased to a person's need.

Reflects his personality
You see how God works. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Everyday I try to continue to walk in the will God has called for my life. I do whatever I can to continue to grow in His word and it is truly paying off. Even though I am working on trying to help his immune system, it's possible that it won't get to where we need it to be if we can't get rid of the fungi or candida that is clouding him internally. I don't know for sure if it's the problem, but it doesn't hurt to try to figure out if it is. Knowing that it had been weighing my mind prior to vacation, actions seen while on and after vacation, and questions raised by a friend, leads me to believe that this is God's way of telling me I need to investigate this further. I called the doctor and hope to hear back tomorrow. Hopefully I can increase and when I do, see a decrease to this madman that has invaded my son.

PS. Special Olympics tomorrow!! I can't wait!!

Popular Posts