Relevant but irrelevant

Having just received news of 50 Cents comment which is old news, or what I was told is old news, about his remarks to a young fan after he tweeted to him "Put out an album or get shot again," and 50 then responded that the fan looked "autistic" and he didn't want any "special ed kids" following him. This has been on my mind much today not because it offends me, not that I think it was appropriate for him to say, but because of the focus of all the parents of autistic children on this matter.


Is this what autism looks like?

First off if you are a follower of this blog or read it every now and then you know that my son Jordan is a 7 almost 8 year old autistic boy. You know of my trials and tribulations of trying to find out reasons why Jordan has autism and how to rid him of it. You know of my daily struggles of giving Jordan about 7 different supplements most of them twice daily in addition to green juicing for him to help him naturally detox. You know of me chelating for him every 4 hours some weekends and having to wake up in the middle of the night to do this. You know of me being strict about Jordan's gluten free diet and having to dismiss some of the foods he was consuming because of the phosphates I didn't want him to ingest. You know of my removing plastics and finding him a BPA free lunchbox...I could go on and on about this.

Or is it this?

So with that being said, and the strides my son is making when I remove certain things from his environment and diet that may be causing him harm, I have no time to sit and sulk over what someone who is NOT contributing to the health or well being of my son or family has said over the Internet. 50 Cent is obviously not very educated in autism, or other things for that matter if you have listened to his lyrics, because if he was he would know that autism doesn't have a look. Also that it's not something to joke about. HOWEVER, I am not going to let a few words of someones opinion ruin my day or take a piece of my life that I can not get back. If I were to worry about what everyone said about children with autism just needing to be disciplined or whatever opinions they have, I would be constantly worried. Instead my focus is on continuously doing research on ways to make my son better and doing all I can do to make sure my son is getting the best treatment and is healthy because at the end of the day people who make their negative comments go on with their lives and don't think twice about it and here I/we are sitting here complaining about what was said instead of doing what you need to do which is focusing on the matter at hand...fixing the immune, gastrointestinal and nervous systems of these special children.

Maybe this?
I read too often that parents of autistic children say "I love my child just the way he/she is," "I wouldn't change him/her for anything." Of course you love your child the way they are, but your child also has a disability that IS hindering them from what they can be. You wouldn't say that if your child had cancer. You would give your child all the treatments that are called for to help cure that child of the ailment. Same with autism. So instead of trying to "boycott" someone because of their uneducated remarks, please focus on your child. Find them a DAN doctor to get to the root of the child's problem. Read Dr. Kenneth Bock's book Healing the New Childhood Epidemics and read the testimonies of those whose children have been healed. Find out if they have a sensitivity to gluten and/or casein. You can do that on your own by removing said foods from the diet for about a month or a little longer and reintroducing the food and see if you notice a difference. Get the required supplements that may be needed that can help improve your child's quality of life. And stop paying attention to non-important matters. Your child's life depends on it.

No it's definitely this!

Comments

Popular Posts