Eye opening IEP


December 16th I had an IEP with Jordan's teacher. A very informal one. Just me and her. Not what I was expecting but hey, whatever. We went over his goals and what may adjust a little, you know the general stuff that is gone over at these meetings. However, I learned something during this meeting that was very eye opening for me.

This eye opener may not be what many may consider as such when talking about IEP's, but it is to me. I had learned from his teacher that for that all last week, he was calm. He did not have to have his name called once. Now the Jordan I know was stimming at home so much last week that on a couple of occasions his odor made it to the main floor while he was still on the top floor. This is the boy you consider calm? However, I did notice that morning there was not a lot of vocal stimming coming from him. Also after he got home and at church with me for a meeting he was quieter and no tics, not one.

While we were in the meeting she asked was there anything different that we had been doing with him and as of last week he was pretty much still taking the burdock root capsules and when he was getting low I also implemented the bromide plus. I had already told her about the fast over the Thanksgiving holiday but after the fast he was not getting blueberry pancakes anymore and I decreased the amount of agave I did give him trying to reduce and eventually rid his body of a yeast overgrowth if there is one. One thing I did notice after the fast was that the tinea versicolor has almost completely gone away. Where it looked like it was coming back on the front of his chest had cleared up and the back that never really resolved itself at all, is becoming uniform in color. It is almost cleared up as well. 

The fast to introduce us to the dry fast I am considering this month, has cleared up his rash and the acne that would come and go. This fast was to start the process of cleansing the lymphatic system so his blood would be cleansed and he would be able to receive the nutrition from the foods and supplements he is taking. At the last minute I decided to give green juice smoothies instead of fruit smoothies so we could address the yeast issue I felt like he had for years. But because he has improved more than I expected, I am reconsidering the dry fast. While I want to cleanse and removed toxins from his body as fast as I possibly can, I want to do it in the healthiest way possible too. I have not completely taken it off the table, but knowing the green smoothie fast with burdock root did the job it did, is it really necessary to starve him completely for a couple of days? The more I think about it the more I am moving against the idea and more toward continuing to do intermittent fasting. I need to pray about it, again. Isaiah 58:6 (NIV), "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?"

The thing that really bothered me the most of all the quirks, issues and problems that came with treating him was the tics. They came and just never really went away. I felt so helpless when he would jerk because it looked like he was so uncomfortable and annoyed him. If this subsides and stays away I will have so much relief and know that more changes will continue to come if we stay on this track. I am really excited about what I have seen, although yesterday and today, since he has been out of the bromide plus, the stimming and tics have come back, just not as severe as they were. It is apparent to me that this is the key. This is what he needs right now. Since seeing this change, I will have to be more proactive about ordering to make sure there is no lapse in taking the medications.

Comments

Popular Posts