At a crossroad

Yesterday night as I was scrolling through Facebook I came across some new information. Excerpts from a book entitled "Fast & Grow Young", by Walt Goodridge, which I intend to purchase today. What I read explained the different stages of fasting and what the body experiences during those stages. It was very informative and also bothersome. While I was happy to find out what happens to Jordan when he is fasting for a short amount of time; the areas of his body that are cleansing and those type of things, I was bothered by the fact that short fasts reduce symptoms while longer fasts allow the body to heal. This is where I have met my crossroad.

It is very hard to fast Jordan for an extended amount of time due to his weight. His average weight as of today is about 106 lbs. I have been doing short fasts with him because I am concerned doing anything longer will do more damage than good. I know he can gain the weight back, but it is difficult to see him at the weight he is at now. I can not imagine what he would look like after fasting for almost a month when different kinds of healing of the body starts. He lost 30 pounds in a little over a week this past summer and his stature scared me.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted to do the dry fast with him to be able to get more done in a shorter amount of time. However, I would need to have him do 10 days dry fasting to be equivalent to 30 days water fasting. Ten days fasting sounds a whole lot better than 30 days fasting, but the fact that nothing would enter his body and no water to touch his skin is not settling to me. So both the idea of fasting him with water for 30 days or nothing for 10 days sound abusive and I don't want to do it. I just feel I would not be to concerned when doing the water fast because he would still receive nutrients because he would still be receiving supplements that would give him everything his body needs as apposed to not getting anything, at all, for 10 days. Kind of a no brainer here huh?


It looks like if I am going to do this extended fast I will have to wait until the summer again. Although this time I think it will go better because I am more informed and prepared and can gain even more information and knowledge for the next 6 months. Like instead of giving smoothies with a small cleanse like I did the first time, I will give water with burdock root, and keep him taking sea moss or the bromide plus that contains sea moss and bladderwrack. That way his lymphatic system will be cleansing itself and he will still get the nutrients his body needs to survive. To be honest, this is going to be the toughest decision I have ever had to make. I will need to stay in prayer to know exactly what I am supposed to do. Even find ways to strengthen my prayer life. Like referring to John 15:7, "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you." I really feel like I need to feed him to the point where he puts on so much weight that fasting for the 30 days, maybe more, would be like nothing. I could get back to feeding him 4 times a day. The thing is, this food is not fattening and I don't think eating a lot of vegan foods would put that much weight on him. I could give it a go though, just to see.

I just ended a 2 1/2 day fast with him. This was the fast that was supposed to be the dry fast but I decided against it and went the green smoothies, burdock root, bromide plus, banju and iron plus like I did over the Thanksgiving holiday. He has improved to where his vocal stimming has decreased drastically and the tics are mild. However, he does have bouts where both return for a short amount of time. I think doing this fast once a month could be beneficial to him to keep reducing the symptoms we see in him due to Autism. Who knows, these small fasts could do the trick and an extended fast may not be necessary. That would be awesome.


Comments

Popular Posts