A quick fast

This past week I did a quick fast with Jordan. Since I know it will take some time to clear his system due to the short amounts of time he can fast, I thought it might be wise to start now. Also to ease him into the dry fast I want to do over Christmas break.

Last Wednesday I omitted foods and gave him green smoothies with kale, dandelion, burdock root, sea moss or bromide powder and raw agave. I opted to go with a green smoothie instead of fruit because I am still concerned about yeast and candida with him. Giving him a smoothie that won't feed those issue and still work to clean the lymphatic system I thought would be a good option. That idea came to me when I was having my quiet time. Mark 1:35 (NKJV), "Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed".  I was looking for an alternative to fruit and remembered when I used to green juice for him. In addition to the smoothies I also gave him tea with burdock root, the burdock root capsules for cleansing and he was still taking the banju and iron. I tried to give him a gallon of water a day but unless I set reminders in my phone, I can't do it. We came pretty close each day though.

On Thursday, the second day of the fast, Jordan came looking for me that night. When I asked him what he needed he said tummy hurt. At first I thought he was hungry so I felt I could give him a light bowl of soup on the third day. However, I thought back to when I had him fast during the summer and he did not complain of a stomach ache at all. That time he fasted for over a week, and I was not giving him the fruit smoothies twice a day as I had been giving him the green ones. I think because I cut down on the amount of agave he was getting each day and he was not getting any fruit in his green smoothies at all, he was experiencing candida die off. I can't be sure that is what it was, but either way I felt like what we did was a good start to lead us into the bigger fast over the next break. I did implement the light bowls of soup on Friday for breakfast and lunch and Saturday I made him a small veggie omelet for breakfast and he had soup for lunch and dinner.

So during this fast, Jordan's body temperature dropped a little again. His tics also decreased. Mainly in how strong they were but there were still times when they just as "normal" as they usually are. He spent Friday and Saturday in the living room with me watching movies the whole day. No tablet, no video games, just sitting up under me watching the Incredible's i & ii and Wreck it Ralph 1 & 2 over and  over. I managed to get him to watch Big Hero 6 and when I went to pick up my daughter from work and came back he had put on Cars. He is still biting on the skin around his nails and when he showed me where he pulled more off, I told him to get the medicine and band aid. However, he never brought them back to me, he put it on himself, which is something I have never seen him do before. Of course he has lost some weight and probably won't put it back on soon because I still have him eating pretty light. Not because I want to continue on with the fast, but because I don't want him to have pancakes just yet because the blueberries and agave are rather sweet and because he's been asking for it so much I believe it's what his body is calling for and don't think he should have them yet.

Moving forward I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the dry fast. I need to make sure he is as hydrated as possible to be able to go through with it, without feeding the candida or yeast or whatever. I will have to do more research to find the right herbs to help with anti-fungal properties. I don't think it would be fitting to add it to a fruit smoothie, but giving him both fruit and green smoothies could be an option. I have some time to decide just how I want to handle it and to get the guidance I need during my quiet times (Lamentations 3:25-25). I have total confidence that we are headed in the right direction and can't wait to see just how much he will improve after the dry fast.

Comments

Popular Posts