LDA #4

Two weeks ago Jordan has his fourth LDA shot. He was typical Jordan when he received them and not as calm receiving it as he was his second shot. I believe adding the food serum was the reason why he regressed and rightly so. He is getting injected with what is in foods he is sensitive to that his body reacts negatively to. However, it was not to difficult to get him to take the injections. Actually just saying a few words to him about him getting the shot and being able to go home calmed him enough to hold still to receive it.

Funny thing is just talking to him now seems different than in times past. Before when I would mention something that I did not want him to do, it was like it placed it in his mind to do so. One example I know of was when my mother wanted him to carry a gallon of milk upstairs and she told him not to drop it. Wouldn't you know right before he got to the bottom of the stairs he dropped it? So I figured talking to him about his behaviors at school would just remind him of what to do and then he would do it. But I had to try and talk some sense into him instead of letting it go unsaid. I have been asking him every morning for the past 2 weeks right before the bus comes if he does such and such what will mommy have to do? And he replies pick you up. No issues since.

When I started having the talks with him every morning, it was also around the time where I decreased the amount of inulin he was taking. You may remember that I shared that taking the LDA shots could be resolving his gut issues and therefore less inulin is needed. I think back to before the LDA, Jordan was taking 1 teaspoon of inulin for an extended period of time with no issues. However, once we started LDA treatment, his behaviors started to decline where he would have episodes at school that required me to pick him up on quite a few occasions and led to suspensions. Decreasing the inulin made those behaviors subside. I even noticed this morning when the routine was thrown off slightly that he bounced back quick after talking to him about what could be the consequences of his actions if he doesn't get it together before going to school. He got it together real quick.

While I can not pinpoint what the cause for his behavioral change at school, I can say that the treatments we are doing are helping either way. If the LDA along with the decrease in inulin reduces his urge to act up at school great. Shows his body is reacting positively to treatment and bacteria is getting to the right places in his gut. If the fact that I have to explain to him every morning what the result of him acting out at school sticks with him throughout the day so he behaves, that is a plus as well. That means that long term memory is present and he is retaining information given to him longer than a few minutes. That is a major gain for him.

He is still getting the EPA/DHA oil every so often. I give 1 pill to him two days in a row, then skip one, then give one the next, then skip a day, then two days in a row. Not sure how I came up with that regimen, but he definitely needed to take it more than every other day. While the oil is not posing to be a problem like it has in times past, I am rethinking giving him the fish oil. I think if he can tolerate the vegan version to the point where he can take it daily, it may be time to add the recommended version of the protocol to see what other improvements can happen. I do not want to just jump into it while he is still in school, but maybe toward the end of the year. We only have a few more months to go.

I wish I could say this was as easy as it sounds. Or maybe it does not sound easy at all. What I do know is that each day I still anticipate a call from his teacher about something he has done. Not that I do not have the faith, because my lesson is instilling it in me daily, but because God wants me to address what causes those behaviors. Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." I was still treating his body as if it still needed the amount of inulin he needed when we first started to address SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). However, believing or having faith that the LDA treatments are doing what they are supposed to, that much inulin should no longer be required. The next step would be to remove him from it completely. He has an appointment with his DAN doctor next week. My hopes are he will no longer need inulin. Maybe even another "superfood" I have come across and Nemechek will no longer be needed. I will address this new supplement once I talk with his doctor about it.

Comments

Popular Posts