Improvements!

Good afternoon! And I mean it is a good afternoon. Today marks day number 4 that Jordan has made it through school and not had the teacher call me to pick him up or share with me some inane thing he has done. 

I really had to step back, pray and ask God for direction with this one. I was trying to figure everything out on my own when the reality is I needed to give it over to God. One morning I cried out to Him and placed my issue in His hand. Not because I felt He could stop the behaviors, but He could show me what I needed to know to curb them. James 2:24 (NKJV) "You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only."

I tried so many different things to figure out why he was doing what he was doing. I added vegan EPA/DHA, removed it, gave it every two days, decreased inulin to 1/2 a teaspoon and took it back up to 1 and gave him yeast aid once only to not give it to him again. We are at a dosage with everything that I am truly seeing a positive difference and do not want to change a thing! However, there is still the vocal and now physical stimming that has increased that I think increasing the omega 3 oil can help, but to be honest I wouldn't know if it was a problem until he acts up in school and I would like to stay away from that right now.

I was starting to relive his middle school days all over again. When Jordan was getting the fish oil and to me seemed anxiety-ridden and I would have to pick him up almost every day or simply keep him home for weeks at a time. At the end of the year when I removed the oil he did much better and even bad notes stopped coming home. How did we get to high school and not change anything but give him LDA and now have this issue? Although I handled it a lot better than I did when it first happened, it's not something I want to see continue.

I've come to some conclusions about what I am doing and how it is helping him improve. 
1. EPA/DHA. I have been giving him the vegan version consistently for two weeks now. At first, I started out with one pill every other day but decreased it to every two days after the first dose. In the end, it seemed like it was too long in between doses so I have increased it back to every other day with changes in the inulin.
2. Inulin. I am not sure of the amount of inulin he currently gets. When I decreased to ½ a teaspoon, his stimming was severe. When I increased it back to 1 teaspoon he went back to how he was before. So I just started to scoop out 1 teaspoon and shake some off until it looked like it was a little bit more than half a teaspoon. He has been doing fine. 

What made me address the inulin was the Nemechek Protocol Facebook page. There were many posts about how parents had decreased the amount of inulin and seen less anxiety in their children. It's like someone came up with the topic and everyone made their own post instead of a group post. Couple that with the fact that I had come across another post that talked about lowered amounts of fish oil and here we are. God gave me everything I needed and I just had to put it in place. 

Part of me feels that even though he started out great on 1 teaspoon of inulin, as his gut started to heal due to the LDA shot, it was probably too much for him now. I have read that Nemechek is supposed to be life long, but maybe not. Either way we go for his fourth LDA shot tomorrow. I am praying that with the inulin and the shot working together, we will see fewer tics this time if not completely removed. I will come back soon with an update.


Comments

Popular Posts