Randomness

Just wanted to share with you a few of the things running through my mind today. This day marks the 6th in a row Jordan has been on the GI Revive, half dosage of course. The second time I tried to introduce it, my husband inadvertently gave him a whole pill on Sunday. So of course Monday at school he was the usual Jordan, misbehaving and not doing his school work. I took him off it for the remainder of the week but ended up having to pick him up from school on Wednesday because the school was afraid him rocking back in his chair could cause harm. I sent him back Thursday and kept him home the last 2 half days of school on Friday and Monday so I started the supplement back on Friday. A little while after having the supplement in his system he started acting rambunctious, uncontrollable if you will, but settled down toward the middle of the day. Saturday at soccer practice he did good in the beginning, but after coming back from a bathroom break he decided he wanted to throw the ball in the air and not follow the directions the instructors were giving. He wanted to stay out there and just do his own thing. Fortunately we were at the end of the session.

With today being day number 6, I see a decrease in the insubordinate behaviors in him after he takes it. I don't know if it's because he's home with me now or him getting used to it. I'm really hesitant sending him to buddy break this Saturday because I'm for sure he will act out with someone unfamiliar to him just because. He still has soccer practice but I don't have anyone to take him. So he will either be with me or home. All depends on how these next few days go. Otherwise he is doing okay. He still has his moments where he is overly playful but he mostly stays in the den watching the same 2 episodes of Alvin and the Chipmunks. He ripped his last pair of socks so he's been walking around barefoot for the last two days too. He just came to me asking if he can get dressed. When I asked him where he wanted to go he said outside please. He's coming along so well. Usually about this time he is getting on my last nerve because of that supplement. I really do hope he's adjusting to it. 

I will be having blood work done on Jordan pretty soon to check on his allergens which seem to have diminished a lot. I don't hear the uncontrollable sneezing I always used to hear every morning when he wakes up. Part of me wonders if it has something to do with the GI Revive keeping toxins from entering his body from the gut. Either way progress is being made and I look forward to our visit in August to get the results and move on to the next step. If his allergens are down maybe we can get back to chelation to get this last little be of lead out of his system. Also because Jordan takes so many supplements, I am wondering if there is something that maybe he doesn't have a need for. Like the probiotic since he is now on the new supplement to help with gut issues. Or if the gaba that I give 24 pills of a day can be decreased because I don't see where that amount does anything to help. Especially when he takes the inositol and I give him fiber at times to calm him. I still haven't ruled out hyperbaric oxygen therapy either. It is something that I asked her about years ago. My prayer partner just came across some information about it and possibly getting grants to cover the costs. Either way it will be something else I will discuss with his doctor this visit as well. 

As I watch him outside right now on a bike I got him when he was probably around 4 or 5 years old, I'm thinking about the some of limited resources our children have. I just researched bikes for children with autism and came across bikes that have no pedals so it gives the child a sense of balance first. Something I wish I would have known about a little sooner because now I am looking for a 20-22 inch bike and buying training wheels to go with it. It probably shouldn't have taken me so long to get interested in teaching him how to ride a bike. He's shown interest before and I have attempted to teach him but it was really a struggle trying to get him to balance the bike. If you know anything about autism, you may feel like me in the sense that it stays relatively new. He was diagnosed right before the age of 3 so by age 4 and 5 it's still a shock and I don't think to research things for a child with special needs at that time. I still have a hard time doing it now. Unfortunately the bikes I came across are for smaller children. Even though I am looking into something like this way too late in Jordan's life, I still think something like the glide bike, is something that should be available for all ages and sizes. Either way I'll improvise like I usually do.

So the weirdest thing just happened to me. I wanted to share with you information I came across in an article I found the other day that stated that a 33 year old man had been cleared of his autism diagnosis. I'm pretty sure I shared and or/even liked the article, but it now seems non-existent. I know what I saw. I also read an article months ago where there was a blind boy who through special goggles, got to see his mother for the first time. Articles like those are the reason why I do what I do for my son. Many parents don't believe in recovery for children with Autism, but God's word tells me otherwise. Matthew 21:21, "So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done." Nothing is too big for my God. Especially Autism. And because He would get all the glory from my son being restored, I know He will do it.

Popular Posts