Are you kidding me?

So remember last week when I told you Jordan was taking this supplement that contained shellfish? That I checked with his doctor on and she said to start with a small dosage and keep Benadryl on hand? Remember how I told you it gave him the seasonal allergen symptoms and how I planned to keep him off of it until after the end of school? Well driving to bible study I was trying to make note of all the behavioral differences and advancements I've seen in him and it triggered a memory I totally forgot. May 27th my daughter in high school had an awards banquet for band that had these delicious cupcakes and I just had to bring some home for all who enjoy treats such as those. A few days after, I think on Monday, when I came home from my sisters and dealing with her plumbing issues my daughters said they think he ate some of the icing from the cupcakes. At that point there was nothing I could do about the fact that he more than likely ingested something that had gluten in it, but it never occurred to me that it may have been the issue behind his extremely overactive behavior at school the next day. I was so focused on the shellfish aspect I never look at anything else.

I never fails that when I need to pay attention to one thing that could be an issue, something always comes into play at the same time that can also be one as well. It was happening a lot when I was dealing with the issue of fiber and the dehydration issues. Giving him milk, black beans, spinach and everything else I was trying to feed his body with to stop his spasms. I also had the issue when I was trying to figure out the reason why he became so disobedient in April of 2015. About that time we were slowing down on chelation, which consisted of the DMSA and ALA, and he also changed the brand of cod liver oil. The new brand I has started him on didn't have soy in it, but is was also low in the omega 3 fatty acids I read he needed to get a certain amount of to maintain proper behaviors. There is also that time when he had been off a certain supplement for some time because I was waiting for it to be delivered and at the same time he had hamburger buns that had egg as an ingredient. I can count on my hands more time than not where something out of the ordinary has happened with treatment and I can't pinpoint exactly what the cause was because of there being more than one. I'd like to get it right just once.

With that being said, I can already see what the newest supplement has done for Jordan. After his body has calmed down from either the GI Revive or the icing from the cupcakes, He got right back on track at school. Today the first thing I noticed was the fact that he did his long e words correctly. When I told him to circle all the letters that sounded like e, he went to all the right ones and never went to any words that had the short e sound. He also came home with a little certificate that said hooray for Jordan and the reason being he colored neatly. He hasn't come home with anything recognizing improvement in work in a very long time. Not only that, but he recalled something from memory something that we haven't heard in over 7 years. Before we moved into this house we had phones that had a talking caller ID. I can't remember for sure if they came to the house with us so it may have been less that 7 years, but a long time none the less. Anyway, he hummed the sound the called ID used to make when it was programmed to say call from Don. He always put his little twist on it and that's exactly what he did today when the phone rang. He's also learning not to say yes after he asks a question he's used to us answering or what he wants us to say yes to. If you know any parents or seen anyone say anything about the strides their child has made, you know nothing is too small for us to celebrate. I'm elated about what I see.

Now comes the hard part. Because he has less than 2 weeks to go I would like to see him improve as much as possible in school. I want to start the supplement back up because I believe it is the cause of the improvements I see in him. Yet because there is only such a short time left, I'd hate to start it back up and it was the reason behind him being completely out of control last week and having to stop it again and then get him back on track when he only has 8 full days left of school. This is a hard decision for me right now. The only thing I can do is seek the direction the Lord knows is the best. James 1:5 goes "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." My gut tells me to stick with what I decided and just give him the supplement starting summer break. With him having no ESY and me home with him all day, I can deal with his antics cause he's my boy. Hate to burden other people with his issues especially when I don't have to. But the other part of me wants to see if the supplement is really the problem. If I don't give him the supplement while he is still attending school, I will never know if it was the reason why he acted as such. I would have to wait until the new school year and if his body becomes adjusted to it I may never know or I can just assume it was the icing. Not sure if it even matters at this point. I'm just excited this summer to get him on that new supplement and to not have to wake up early 4 weeks in the summer for ESY. Should be the best summer yet.



Popular Posts