The unknown

This Tuesday Jordan has an appointment to visit his DAN doctor. This is the second time we will be going with no labs to go over. This is also supposed to be a chelation weekend. But due to him going on Tuesday, I'm hoping she will want to do the urine toxic metals collection next weekend to see where he stands and I want that done as soon as possible. Right now it's hard to say what I think she will want to touch on first.

You see the fact that his body still may not be working properly due to the problems it encounters with the allergens being in his system, she may want to see where we are with that first. But I think we may want to check the heavy metals because Jordan has gone through chelation 7 months straight without checking to see where his levels are. He was at 8.4ug which is 3.4ug from where he should be. I would hope by now his levels are there after seven months, but it did take him about five years to get to where he is now. So going into this appointment with so much uncertainty is a bit of a struggle for me, but I am happy to finally get in there so I can start taking the next steps to whatever it is she wants to do. Sitting here day by day, just giving him supplements makes feel idle. Right now I am "flying under IFR (instrument flight rules). IFRs are the rules you need to apply when you are flying and can't see whats around you. You have to use the instruments in the flight deck. Right now I can't see what God is doing with my son, But I have that faith to know that everything is going to work out. He put me on this path for a reason so it's no point and sitting wondering about the unknown when God's already got it worked out and worked out in my favor. 2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight".

Another unknown I have, what will he be like when he becomes of age? Right now I deal with a lot of special needs teenage boys who are going through the stage where hormones are kicking in. Jordan is quickly coming upon that age. And although I'm not ready for those days to come, I think more about when he becomes a young adult. I have a 18 year old who is going to get her license soon. I also see others posting on facebook about their 16 year old sons and daughters who are now starting to drive. I've seen where one parent was a little apprehensive about letting her son driving for fear of something happening out of her control. I responded that he should be allowed to drive because if they didn't think he could do it, he wouldn't have been allowed to get it. Then it got me to thinking, I don't know if Jordan will be able to drive. Which got my mind racing about a lot of other things. Parents with children who don't have special needs, in a sense take for granted the things their children can do that those of us that have children with special needs, may not see our children get to do. Talking, going out with friends, driving. I would love for that to be Jordan but reality is, it may not be. Second thing I thought is the lack of faith in God in that situation. Fear was driving it because of man.  Psalm 20:7 says "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God". We are a generation always trying to know everything and figure everything out, but we can't make God show us and tell us everything. We need to rely on Him and know He has everything under control.


From this situation I learned I can't, and will not worry about what Jordan's future may hold. I won't think about will he be able to do this and when will he be able to accomplish that. What I can do is take the steps God tells me to. Also to trust in Him and not man; man can tell me my son will have special needs forever, but God tells me he won't. Jordan will be what God wants him to be, which is better than anything I could ever want him to be.

Popular Posts