Short Update

Friday, my last day teaching in Vacation Bible school, I had a talk with my mentor. General conversation led us to the subject of Jordan in ESY. I've said for the last 2 years I wasn't going to sign him up because he's never had a typical summer since being in school at the age of 3. He just turned 11 Saturday. Each year I say I won't allow him to attend, I end up letting him go because of that breakthrough that he may have that may only come while in school. But this year everything is a little different. I have my oldest daughter going to Morgan State, and even though it is in the same state, she is staying on campus there. Also Jordan is transitioning to middle school to the CRI program. While we are working on scholarships and grants and getting other funds together for "T", we still have to do back to school shopping for 5 kids and maintain the household. I've been mentally drained. I had another dream of water, but this time the earth was flooded. I am emotionally flooded with everything that is coming my way. Getting up at 6:00 Monday-Thursday to get him ready for school that starts at 8 is more than I want to deal with right now. I just need a few more mornings in the summer that don't feel like school is still in. So as of 1:00 this afternoon, Jordan is officially done with ESY. Probably permanently.

Aside from ESY, he is doing great. He is becoming more independent by the day. He can open a new pack of hot dogs, wash off his plate, and get them in the microwave. He can put stuff in the oven and he tries to take it out, but I don't let him go that far. I haven't seen any regression that the doctor said may happen aside from him constantly touching and smelling hair when he's around me and my daughters. It's getting to the point where it's all he does when he's near me. The Selsun Blue for the tinea versicolor has really dried out his skin. I have taken a little break and have been dousing him in lotion. Even though the skin is dry and dark, it looks like it is clearing up. Since adding the 3 new supplements, it has really been hard to give him everything and end at a decent hour. There are 19 different supplements that I have to give him and 9 of them he gets twice a day. Not to mention the enzymes he takes with food that can throw things off a little bit. Because of trying to focus on the internal issues of the yeast or fungus that may be in his body, we have stopped chelation. To be honest I couldn't imagine giving him everything I am giving him and still going through with giving him medicine every 4 hours every other weekend. I'm barely keeping up now. But I won't stop.

Things aren't easy for me right now. Leaving your oldest child at college for a few days for orientation is a little of a struggle. Having a child with a special need takes a financial burden on you. Raising 5 kids with 5 different personalities is trying, only because you have different relationships with them and they sometimes think they are being treated different from the others. Getting my feet off the ground and trying to get back in school is something that's been weighing on my mind as well as joining another ministry. The state of the world and what it is coming to is sad. And while all of that may make you think I'm unhappy, truth is I'm not. This is God's way of dealing wondrously with me. Everything that I am going through, God signed off on to restore me. So even though I should be down, I'm praising Him now before it comes to pass. We have to remember nothing is beyond our God, we just have to show Him we believe in Him and He will do great things.

Joel 2:25-26
25 "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locusts have eaten,
The crawling locusts,
The consuming locusts, 
And the chewing locusts,
My great army which I sent among you.
26 You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
And praise the name of the Lord your God
Who has dealt wondrously with you;
And My people shall never be put to shame."

Popular Posts