Results

Well, the results are in, and I'm not quite satisfied with what I've learned about his gluten sensitivity. But I will take things one step at a time and worry about it when his gut has reached its optimal working state.

His test results show unhealthy levels of bacteria. H.pylori could be present, and the combination of staph and strep is what you see in PANS/PANDAS. No parasites were detected on the test. He has bacteria causing his immune system to attack itself, and Candida is still present. While some of the bacteria and fungus show as undetectable on the test, given the symptoms we see in Jordan and when paired with other results, they pose a problem even though they aren't in high ranges.

So, what does this mean? Well, his gut is experiencing severe dysbiosis. With H.pylori, it neutralizes stomach acid to survive, so he is not breaking down food properly, which keeps him from getting nutrients. The undigested food enters the intestines and ferments, creating a breeding ground for staph, strep, and candida. H.pylori works with Candida to form biofilms that protect them from the immune system. Candida transitions into a fungus form with microscopic roots that pierce the gut lining, causing leaky gut. The "holes" in the gut allow fungi, bacteria, and toxins to leak into the bloodstream. This causes the body to go into a state of red alert, therefore attacking itself and causing systemic inflammation. The Pseudomonas and Candida are biofilm-forming organisms that make it extremely difficult for the immune system to reach and clear the toxins. 

Pseudomonas, one of the bacteria he was elevated in, also works with histamine. When they come together, they create a histamine-producing gut bacterium that converts dietary amino acids into excess histamine. This can cause mast cell activation and brain fog. When it comes into contact with gluten, it is broken into highly toxic, inflammatory fragments that trigger the immune system. All of the above, layered with other bacteria not mentioned, essentially destroys the gut's tolerance. So, what are the next steps? 


His doctor removed, added, and paused some of the supplements he takes to help with the next phase, introducing the "killing herbs." This is not the first time she suggested adding the killing protocols, but there is a reason I did not introduce them to Jordan, and I may not do it this time without alternative supplements.

During my extensive research, I found that what Jordan has is considered gut-brain axis disruption. The overgrowth of bacteria is creating toxins and blocking food breakdown. Leaky gut allows toxins to escape into the bloodstream, disrupt the liver, and cross into the brain. Using the "killing" protocol has to be modified for someone who might have salicylate sensitivity because the herbs from plants contain natural chemicals that will affect an already hyper-reactive nervous system. Finding out this information makes my dream make sense.

Years ago, I used to give Jordan the supplements Jordan's doctors recommended without seeking God the proper way. Even until this last follow-up, I don't think I was doing it right. The night before I was going to order his new supplements, I asked God to reveal to me anything that would help me know what I should and should not give him in this new protocol, however He saw fit. Whether it be in a dream or some of them not available, I would take anything as a word from Him. That night I had a dream about my childhood home. It was being destroyed. But the house number was 802. I added the numbers together to get 10. Something told me before I looked again that it would be the number of supplements he is to take. And it was, without including the "killing herbs." 

James 1:5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." (NIV)

At that point, I believed that he should start on those supplements, and when it came time to introduce the others, then I would receive word about them when I asked God again. But in my research today, I see that they were excluded because they could cause stimming to return because of his possible sensitivity to salicylates. After learning all of this, I was concerned that we wouldn't be able to disrupt the biofilm, remove toxins, soothe his brain, and manage the overgrowths if this protocol wouldn't suit him. However, after further research, I found that there are salicylate-free protocols that can achieve the same results. This alternative focuses on minerals, protein, and a targeted prebiotic approach to decolonize the gut. I have sent an email to his doctor and am waiting for a response. 

It never ceases to amaze me how God answers me when I seek Him. I wasn't going to move until I received confirmation about how to move. After seeing the numbers and gaining understanding that the main protocol was ok, He gave me precautionary information about the secondary protocol before I could even ask Him. 

When we are submissive and allow Him to be the Head of our lives, He does what He said He would do. He will answer you, heal you, save you, give you peace, or whatever you need. Then we must go out and share our testimony with others to show His goodness. Because if He answers me, He can answer you. 

Comments

Popular Posts