Time to figure this thing out

According to his teacher, Jordan's stimming at school has been worse than ever this year. Sometimes, I can see it at home, especially when he has had something problematic in a supplement that I have given him. Let's backtrack.

As you know, I have been working on Jordan's gut issues for a long time. Jordan's skin issues have not been as bad as it was when we were in Africa. I thought because of that, the leaky gut that I believe he had for so long had been resolved or close to being resolved. Mainly because I continued to give him supplements that were supposed to help with restoring gut issues like the gut instincts from Farmacy For Life. Because I wanted to keep it healthy, after a few weeks of our return from being out of the country, I started him back on it as well as sea moss and bladderwrack to continue to support his colon. However, I noticed a considerable shift in his stimming. He was back to the point where he would do it for so long that he became drenched in sweat and his clothes soaked. Carrageenan, a natural substance found in sea moss, can cause inflammation, food sensitivities, and digestive problems, to name a few. I immediately stopped it. But it would need time to be removed from his system. I removed the gut instincts because remnants of his food would still be in the toilet after using the bathroom as if he had loose stools. If I was helping his colon by doing the coffee enemas, there was no point in keeping up with that supplement.

Over the next few weeks, Jordan continued having problems at school and on the bus. I continued to hear from his teacher that she believed it was his hormones. To address that, it could play a part in his actions. However, I have seen Jordan improve, and I am unsure if it is the sole reason his reactions are as significant as they are today. After talking to his DAN! doctor, she suggested that we try a supplement called DIM to help balance the hormones. I did not give it to him immediately, but after continuously hearing hormones could be the issue, I thought I needed to give it a shot. I researched the different supplements on his doctor's dispensary and found the one best suited for him. The gel capsules were red when I opened them, but I thought nothing of it. Jordan's stimming grew worse while he was at home. After a couple of days, I looked at the actual ingredients of the DIM, and it had annatto in it, which is what gives it the red color. I began to beat myself up for not questioning the color sooner, but I had to stop that one and find another. I reviewed them again to ensure I did not buy one with other problematic elements. I saw one that said soy and knew I needed to avoid it. But as I went down the list, I was unhappy with all I saw except one. When it arrived, I gave it to Jordan before I looked at the ingredients, and as soon as he took it, I saw it was the one that contained soy. So he could no longer take that one, either.

I finally found one that I believed was good for him and bought that one. Then something happened. During my walk with God, He expressed to me that as much as I would like to trick myself into believing that I am not doing anything without His permission, I am, in fact, doing a lot without His permission. He did not tell me to give Jordan the DIM or any other supplements I chose to put him back on after returning from Ghana. He told me that I am going off the assumptions of others instead of finding out the root cause and addressing that. That reminded me that I wanted to get Jordan into a holistic doctor who does bioelectric scans. I had been waiting for some other family members to go because of the group discount, and now was as good of a time as any to see what could be behind Jordan's issues. Malnutrition, dehydration, a lack of stimulation in the vagus nerve, gut issues, etc. So even though I have bought a third bottle of DIM, I can not give it to him. 

This season, I have been holding on by a thread, but it is a strong thread. As much as I was frustrated those days, Jordan's stimming was over the top, I still trusted that God was going to get us through this. I still do. I will only give up once all options have been exhausted. And with God, the possibilities are endless, so it's safe to say I will never give up. I have contacted the doctor and hope to get him in before the year ends. Find the root cause and address it so that he will be a new creation when school starts back up at the beginning of the year. 2 Corinthians 5:7, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." With everything in me, I will give this situation to God so the old things will pass away and we will have something new. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts