Been a long time

It's been a while, and so much has happened. The last time I posted, I shared with you how Jordan had completed the fruit detox again and was now on a raw diet. About a week ago, I learned he wasn't wholly raw because maple syrup is not considered a raw food. Implementing this diet resulted in hardly any changes on the outside. I got his bloodwork done before we left the country, and his blood sugar levels stayed the same while eating raw foods and fruit. But I did not think it was going to change. My biggest concern was his being able to digest the raw foods because they were not broken down by being cooked to help with the process. So, nothing in his bloodwork was out of the ordinary.

In September, we went out of the country to his father's home, Ghana, for four weeks. We felt it would take a lot of work to maintain an all-fruit, all-raw diet there not only because of the cost, multiple trips to stores that may not be in the vicinity, and the temptation of the foods around Jordan that he would not get to experience. It was decided that Jordan would eat the food available in the four short weeks while there. He had okra stew, jallof rice, beef stew, and chicken stew. And he loved it even more than the fast food we ordered. The foods did not affect him negatively, aside from the fact that he broke out in bad acne. He was relatively calm when in the house. The only time I saw him stimming uncontrollably was in the car rides. I was surprised at how well he was doing eating meat regularly. And to top it off, he was only on a handful of supplements. He took the enzymes, of course, soursop, BCD, parasite supplements, gut instincts, elderberry & zinc, and magnesium. 

When we returned home, I went back to the raw diet. He had oatmeal for a few days because I forgot to make his chia pudding one night or we were out. It was so long ago I don't remember what happened. He had to have his physical for sports shortly after we returned, and I was pretty sure his A1c was going to be back to being borderline prediabetic because he had cooked foods and fruit. However, it was normal. This means that something I did with the detox allowed his body to heal and didn't have the issue of converting the sugar from the fruits. That was huge! I also tried to implement some of the supplements he took before we left, but when he started regressing, I decided that since he didn't need them in Africa, there was no point in adding them back. So he is only on the enzymes, vitamin D, elderberry & zinc, and soursop.

Even though Jordan is on a raw diet, minus the maple syrup, because it is necessary for some things, some issues have come about. The first problem was the raw "cookie dough" balls I made him for a snack. The first couple of times I made them for him, I did not notice a change in his behavior. But the last time I made them, he began to stim uncontrollably. He would jump around in his room for hours, and when I would check on him, he would be dripping wet, his clothes looking like he came out of the shower with them on. After I discontinued it, the stimming stopped and has not returned to that degree. I could not and still do not understand why it affected him like it did. The cacao nibs are the only thing not a regular part of his diet. I remember putting them on his oatmeal once and did not get the same reaction. I don't know the reason, but either way, I won't be giving him those again any time soon.

Because of lingering issues, I decided to give him a coffee enema. The detox coach of the fruit detox that we followed strongly suggests doing these enemas because of the benefits they provide. After administering it the first time, I noticed that the walnuts I make his "taco meat" out of were not fully digested. Digestion was the second problem I faced. The enema helped calm him, especially after the cookie dough thing. Because of that, I decided to increase the enzymes he takes with each meal and give him the enema every so often. Coffee enemas are beneficial for a few reasons. I wanted to try it for Jordan because coffee enemas stop yeast overgrowth, remove parasites from the digestive tract, remove heavy metals from the body, and help the liver produce glutathione that helps detoxify. Each time I give him one, which is about every other day or every couple of days, the stimming decreases. When I Googled why he wasn't digesting food properly, I found that it could be an issue with the vagus nerve not being stimulated. Something I have tried to address before. 

In the coming days, I will strongly consider the remedies for helping the nerve become active and adding Omega 3 fish oil, which also helps. With my prayer walks, scripture memorization, meditation, and fasting, I know God will lead me in the right direction. Matthew 6:33, "But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." I have already seen improvements and know I will continue to see more! 

Comments

Popular Posts