Where do I begin?

It has been a while since I updated you about this journey. First and foremost, Jordan is doing well. I am in church waiting for the second Sunday school service to start. Since my days are not my days anymore, it's hard to post on the weekdays, so I am taking this time to get something down. But because it's been so long, I am unsure where to begin.

Jordan is only on three supplements as of today. I will slowly implement the vitamins and minerals he takes, but I want to work on his gut. I came across a supplement called gut instincts that works to restore the intestinal lining and aids digestion. I wanted to give him this because a part of me believes that Jordan is still not holding on to the nutrients he gets from his food. I think this because since I have changed his lunch from what he gets for dinner to quinoa and chicken stuffed peppers, his weight has decreased just a little. I should not notice such a difference from a slight change in his diet, but I did. I wanted to start him on the gut instincts to help the gut start healing so he could get the most benefit from the next supplement I wanted to give him. Ashwagandha.

Ashwagandha is a supplement that helps with stress and anxiety and improves concentration and memory. I wanted to get him on this supplement because an article about it showed up in my inbox. Then on my news feed, twice. I felt this was God's way of telling me that this would benefit him because I had done many things differently in my relationship with Him and started hearing from Him more. James 4:8(a) says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." However, the brand I ordered after researching a few got lost. After getting a refund and ordering another brand, the lost bottle finally came en route. I don't think the initial one I ordered was right for him after I received it and read the ingredients and directions on how to take them. Funny how God works. 

The third supplement is the enzymes. I never took Jordan off those because I want to continue to help his body with digestion, and the enzymes help his body break down the food he eats. I also discontinued chelation for the weekend after I started him on the gut instincts and ashwagandha so his body would not be working overtime to heal and remove metals. So far, he has been the same. He still stims in his room on occasion, and he still has tics. His skin is starting to look a little better, although skin clearing and worsening are things I see regularly. 

I started chelation this weekend which just passed. I want to start implementing the vitamins and minerals again soon because his primary care ordered blood work, and his vitamin d levels were normal. I don't want him to go too long without the things he is deficient in. Also, I want to start him on potassium. I am taking a human biology class in school, and spasms are a sign of low potassium. It makes me wonder if giving him high doses of it will help with the tics. His favorite fruit has always been grapes and bananas, but when he went through the detox, he ate a lot of bananas, which were the fruit he ate the best at home and school. He also lost his tics shortly before the detox was over. It won't hurt to see if it helps.

On another note, I am working on getting Jordan outside services, which is something I never thought I would do. And it's eating me up that I am doing this because it's putting me in the space to believe he will always be this way when I've always wanted to have the faith that God will put Jordan in a place where the diagnosis can be removed. Mentally I am not doing well in this area. However, trying to stay preoccupied from these thoughts with school and holistic treatments are taking its toll on me. Holding onto God as hard as I can right now. Pray for me.


Comments

Popular Posts