Only what now?

Jordan has been on a colon cleanse since Monday of this week. He has been only able to eat grapes and drink a gallon or more of fresh grape juice along with the GI sweep. He gets a liter of water in the middle and still takes his tinctures and capsules in the morning and evening, but that's it.

I was not sure how well this was going to go over for him. I mean, he has had only fruit for four weeks, even though he could have bananas, mangos, apples, pineapples, pears, watermelon, and grapes. But now only grapes? I thought he was going to put up more of a fight than he did.

He asked for an orange, I think the first and second day. Yesterday he said to me, "next week, orange?" I told him he may be able to have one Saturday. Depends on how the cleanse goes. However, he has not even been asking for the grapes. I am not sure if the gallon of juice he is drinking is just that filling or if he just does not think about them. I told him today to let me know when he wants some. I think I will give him some anyway just because I feel he needs them.

As far as the cleanse, I will say I am impressed with how he's holding up. He is still stimming, but the tics have either been removed or transformed. He has gone through a phase before when he would cover his eyes when looking at people or screens. He has been doing that recently and regularly. I'm not sure if that is considered a tic or a stim. But the tics where he hit himself or his tablet and knocks his knees together have stopped. 

It took a while, but yesterday his body finally started getting rid of old waste stored. And for the record, I know it is old because he hasn't had anything solid since Tuesday, and it looks like nothing he has been passing since eating just fruit. It is supposed to end Friday, but I am not sure if I will extend it or not. It depends on what I see moving forward.

Another plus is he hasn't lost any weight. Before the cleanse, he was ranging from 113-119. I just had him check his weight, and he was 114. I guess it's safe to say his body is retaining the nutrients from the fruits and now the juice that he has been drinking. 

If I can be honest for a minute, I thought I would be a little more excited about what I have seen. Jordan having no more tics, eating all fruit, and not losing weight, but in fact, gaining. AND retaining the vitamins his body needs. I wonder why I am feeling so nonchalant about this.

I wonder if it could be because I had no expectations when it came to this detox. I had tried so many things with Jordan before, so if this didn't help, fine. But if it did help, that's fine too. Or I wonder if because of all the ailments I've heard her students be healed from, like fibroids, herpes, type 2 diabetes, that in my mind, what I wanted to rid Jordan of, would be removed. So I am actually seeing what I expected and therefore not surprised.

I really have no idea. But I am thankful I decided to follow my gut and go along with this plan. No matter what people have said about the cost or how they think the all-fruit diet is not a good idea, I see my son getting better. When I think about that, I think about John 10:27-28, "27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." Always listen to God, and He will give you life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts