Taking some time

Things have been somewhat hectic in my household and not for the reasons you may be thinking. 

Firstly, I have been in virtual classes with my youngest daughter for the past 3 weeks. She had too much freedom in doing the work on her own, and it almost felt as if we were losing our connection. I don't know if she needed more from me than she was getting since distance learning or needed a little more attention and confidence with schooling. Either way, my Monday-Friday, except for Wednesday, is no longer mine. So that leaves me to get all the things I used to do throughout the week done on Wednesday or Saturday. I am still trying to get the rhythm of it.

That is one of the reasons why I have not been in a place to write. Not to mention the fact that not much is going on in the world of Jordan. He has started taking the inulin that he used to take on the Nemechek Protocol to help with the overgrowth of any bad bacteria in his gut. I have not started him on any fish oils, and not sure if I will. If I do, it would have to be when I feel his leaky gut issue has been fixed. I have also started him on the Megaspore probiotic. It was the one mentioned in the book "Activate Your Vagus Nerve." There is a specific way to introduce this probiotic to your system to not have abdominal cramps or any kind of discomfort. I am not sure how this would have affected Jordan, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. So we started off with 1/2 a capsule every other day for a week. We are now up to 1 capsule every other day. We will do this for a week and then go to 1 every day until he is up to 2 capsules per day. 

I did the same with the inulin and started off with a small dose until we can work up to the required dosage per day. Needless to say, things have been going at a slow pace, but I see differences. Jordan's tics and stimming have had a decrease. They are only noticeable when he is in his zoom classes. While he is in his room, I only hear him verbally stimming. And this has not been for just a day or two; it has been ongoing since starting the new supplements, so about a week now.

I am not used to going at such a slow pace. Everything I have done for him, I usually dive right in and hope to see results right away. That could be one reason why things never worked long term. I know there is the issue of his body looking at what it is receiving as foreign due to the leaky gut, but giving things in large quantities right away could shock the system. I think back to when we gave him the LDA shots to help with environmental and food allergens. They had to be given in small doses to allow the body time to get used to them. I think the body works well when it is slowly introduced to something new. I believe his gut is slowly working on removing the bad bacteria from where it doesn't belong and gradually building up the good bacteria it needs to have the balance it should have, which could be working to seal the gaps in the gut lining.

I like that this regimen is teaching me patience. I thought of myself as a patient person in the past, but I see how irritated I used to become very easily for simple things when I look back. Going at the rate I have to when giving supplements and waiting for improvement has made me apply this same rule to other areas of my life. To be patient when looking for results and not expecting things to happen overnight. Conversations have been easier, and I no longer worry or get upset about what is out of my control. Ecclesiastes 7:8 says, "Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit." It's not always easy to endure hardship for a long time, but if you think about all the tribulations you faced during it, the end is so much sweeter than if you were to get what you wanted right away. There would be nothing to compare it to understand just how meaningful the victory is. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts