What comes first?

If I can be honest with you, keeping up with church sermons, Bible study's and communion have been harder than ever. You can access everything at any time so I don't rush to watch as soon as they come on. My evenings have not been mine for some time due to my daughter's new work schedule. She works overnights, so I have to cook and shortly after get her there until she finds the car she wants to buy to go on her own. Because of that, I am catching up on Bible study and communions from October of last year. In one Bible study I recently watched, the speaker shared how it matters the posture you are in when you are praying. You don't have to talk out loud, but you should be on your knees in an act of surrender to Him. I generally did what I felt at the time. But laying in the bed praying usually led to me falling in and out of sleep while doing so. After the study, I changed how I prayed. Putting myself in the right posture puts me in the position to receive what I need.

A couple of months back, I caught wind of having 2 credits and a free trial of Audible. I saw a promotion for a book called "Autoimmune: Leaky Gut and PCOS." Many of you know that the leaky gut is what I am attempting to heal in Jordan because of his lack of retaining nutrients and sensitivities to numerous foods. It was an interesting book, and I gathered a lot of great information from it. But it wasn't until I was ready to cancel the membership before I was charged that I started to feel a shift. 

Since I had another credit, I could use it to buy another book to listen to until the subscription was over. I picked a book entitled "Activate Your Vagus Nerve" but did not listen to it. The vagus nerve is a long nerve that goes from the brain's stem down the entire length of your body and is connected to many organs. If this nerve does not have the proper tone, it can cause the organs it is connected to have problems. It can be disease or overload of bacteria. There are too many issues to name. I was concerned about this issue with Jordan because it is addressed with certain kids when they are on the Nemechek Protocol, which he followed for some time. I bought some ear clips to attach to my husband's stem machine to help with his back pain after our accident to help stimulate Jordan's vagus nerve. But, they were hard to keep on, and I did not see a change in him, so I discontinued it.

Since praying first thing in the morning, my daily routine has changed slightly, and I am becoming a little more productive. I am not sure if I would have gotten to the book before the time was up in my trial if I had not changed my posture. I was not invested enough in this book to check if there was an actual book to purchase like I checked for the first book I read. But after listening to it, I found so much information in just the first few chapters that I was slightly upset I didn't start listening sooner. Luckily, there is a hard copy and I will be purchasing it.

Because of all the information I got from it, and I haven't even finished it yet, I will save all the details for another post. What I will share is something I knew already. One of the ways to stimulate this nerve when it is not working properly is to gargle. I am always concerned when it comes to trying something different with Jordan. Like riding our bikes up to the elementary school instead of loading two bulky bikes into the truck. How could I explain to him how to hold water in your throat and not swallow it but push air through? The only thing I could do was model it for him, which is what I have done with most things, and he doesn't seem to have any issue catching on. Why should this be any different? So I showed him, and he got it right away. While I am not sure this will solve our problem because much is needed to get the vagus nerve operating properly, it is a start.

When I placed myself in the position to receive what I asked for, God gave me more knowledge to try to help improve my son's health. We must not get in our own way by doing what it is we want to do, or give Him our leftovers and expect Him to give us His very best. Proverbs 3:9 says, "Honor the Lord with all your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase." That is the NKJV, but I love the Message version, which says, "Honor God with everything you own, give Him the first and the best." Not sloppy seconds, not when you get around to it, but give Him your all, the beginning, and the best, and just watch how He moves. I can't wait to see how this will all work out.

Comments

Popular Posts